Installing multiple fans

Discussion in 'Computer Cases, Power Supplies and Cooling' started by DeerParkWater, Jul 11, 2004.

1. JrDave2324

JrDave2324 New Member

any suggestions for the case fans, im think of going with one quiet one and one powerful one. but i do believe my case only supports 120mm fans. now what would be the best way to arrange them? more powerful blowing air out the back and quiet blowing air in the front? or vice versa?

2. Praetor

Praetor Administrator Staff Member

Quiet: Vantec Stealth
    Loud: Vantec Tornados

Tornado OUT, Stealth IN

3. JrDave2324

JrDave2324 New Member

im thinkin about this Enermax for the exhaust and a stealth for the intake, along with a Venus 12 for the HSF and possibly a slot cooler but most likely not

4. Praetor

You are probably best off with two super fans and use a fan controller for the noise

5. JrDave2324

JrDave2324 New Member

yeah thats what im starting to think....would a 92mm or 80mm Tornado fit my case though? it has 120 mm slots so would that even work?

and with the fan controller, the fans dont hook up to the PSU correct? the controller hooks to the PSU and the fans are powered off that right?

edit: i dont have a floppy drive (cuz i got one of those USB sticks), so should i go with a 3.25'' or a 5.25 fan controller

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  6. Praetor

- You can get adapters so you can use different sized fans on certain holes.
    - You are correct about the fan controllers
    - As for size, it dont matter

7. JrDave2324

JrDave2324 New Member

where can i find an adapter for 120 to 80 or 120 to 92? xoxide doesnt carry any

8. Praetor

Why would you want to downsize?? :confused:

9. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 banned

sorry were back tracking gents but I placed a post here asking where the pc was going because of the noise it would make and praetor said you'd have to be paranoid to care. I'm sure i'm not the only one in saying when your using multiple fans and you sleep in the same room, it gets really annoying after a bit. I may be wrong but it appears we are gettig a little competitive Preator.

Jimbob

10. Praetor

You remember your post but you fail to remember the one that responded to it:
    LOL sigh... read my comment about acoustic paranoia again. And then read it again. It'll make sense (i've got a sound sensitive roomate)

11. JrDave2324

JrDave2324 New Member

the reason i would want to downsize is because, as i said, my case fits 120mm fans and the tornados are 80mm and 92mm.....thats why

12. Praetor

13. JrDave2324

JrDave2324 New Member

ahhh there we go, thats what im talkin' about :cool:

14. JrDave2324

JrDave2324 New Member

i still think i might go with either the...
    Enermax Adjustable Speed 120mm Cooling fan
    Max Air Flow:(CFM): 63.05~94.92
    Noise(dBA): 24.60~30.10
    Nominal Speed(RPM): 1800~2300

or

Thermaltake Thunderblade 120mm (BLUE) LED High Performance DC fan
    Max Air Flow:(CFM): 78
    Noise(dBA): 21
    Nominal Speed(RPM): 2000

they both seem to be great fans, but the Enermax pushes more air for only a little more noise. also i was wondering you can replace fans inside the power supply? cuz my PSU seems to be really loud, so i want to replace those fans with some more efficent ones. not sure on the size of the fans (its a 350W Antec)

15. Praetor

Not sure if you can. Firstly i think they all use 25mm fans but i could be wrong, some might use the 38mm standard. Also, some have funky connectors that just dont work with normal fans ... have a look

16. JrDave2324

JrDave2324 New Member

yeah, eh well, it was just a thought

17. JrDave2324

JrDave2324 New Member

is better to plug the HSF into the fan controller or leave it in the mobo

18. Praetor

Fan Controller... that way you can control it :p