installing of window xp home cd

Dystopia

nope, 3 is the legal limit. otherwise i know a site with like almost every key you can think of(used it only for getting multiplayer to work with my bor!!) but i bet im not allowed to post it...

cohen

legally... only 1 i think.

I think it is

nope, 3 is the legal limit. otherwise i know a site with like almost every key you can think of(used it only for getting multiplayer to work with my bor!!) but i bet im not allowed to post it...

I think it is one

But you can buy a small business licence and then you can install it on as many computers are you want.

I know my grandfather did it on his tell and when his compaq laptop cracked it, it worked.... but i don't think he can do it anymore.

G25r8cer

Why would you even mention that you know of a site? Wow not smart. That will get you an infraction.

Also as for Vista, there is a completely LEGAL way to get any version of Vista for 1full year. It's just a simple reg tweak and is Legal. How do I know this? I read it in one of my PC MAG's. LOL Yup thats true

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
If i got 1 original window xp home cd , how many computer can i install with the cd? many thanks

Provided it is a Retail or OEM CD, it can be installed on one hard drive at a time. You can install the OS as many times as you want to, but it can only be on one HDD at a time.

cohen

Why would you even mention that you know of a site? Wow not smart. That will get you an infraction.

Also as for Vista, there is a completely LEGAL way to get any version of Vista for 1full year. It's just a simple reg tweak and is Legal. How do I know this? I read it in one of my PC MAG's. LOL Yup thats true

But it is illegal... :cool:

Provided it is a Retail or OEM CD, it can be installed on one hard drive at a time. You can install the OS as many times as you want to, but it can only be on one HDD at a time.

That is what i thought.

Cleric7x9

OEM can only be installed on one hard drive attached to one motherboard. if you are using OEM, as soon as you replace the motherboard, you need to purchase a new version. OEM can NOT be moved from one computer to another, even if you uninstall it from the first computer.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
OEM can only be installed on one hard drive attached to one motherboard. if you are using OEM, as soon as you replace the motherboard, you need to purchase a new version. OEM can NOT be moved from one computer to another, even if you uninstall it from the first computer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2060350368+1179212227&name=Home

Symantics, I suppose depending on how you look at it.

And to think, I thought I was having a brain fart after doing this all day long.

Last edited:

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Again, symantics. Just ignore me :)

Long day - saw waaaaaay too many computers today...fixed waaaaaaaay too many computers today.

I'm going to bed.