Installing Windows 8 on a Pentium 4 Computer.

rbarringto

Hi Forum,

Is there a way to install Windows 8 on my Hewlett-Packard Pavilion t124a computer with Intel Pentium 4 processor computer without using NX or XD. I really wanted to see how good or crap this computer can be (runs Windows 7 like a dream:cool:). My other computer has a Celeron D CPU and that is really slow........................................................... and laggy. (even with windows xp).

-rbarringto

rbarringto

Hewlett Packard Pavilion t124a
Intel Pentium 4 (Northwood)
1 GB of RAM (2x512MB)
Current OS is Windows 7 Professional
NVidia GeForce 6200

Anything else?

rbarringto

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. What I want to do is to install Windows 8 on my PC, but my processor is a Pentium 4 and does not support NX (XD). Is there something that will bypass the whole NX checking thing?

Okedokey

No, you cannot bypass No-eXecute. If you run the update advisor and it says you cannot run it, you cannot run it.

rbarringto

Comes up with error code when I go to boot up from BIOS Screen.

And again the question is....

- Can I install Windows 8.1 on my Pentium 4 processor (north wood) without having NX or XD enabled?

Last edited:

DMGrier

VIP Member
error code would be nice, from what I am seeing doing a quick bing search I would say no but could tell you more when I get that error code.

Okedokey

I just think you should run the update advisor, it will tell you what issues you may/may not have and possibly how to fix them. Trust me, MS want to sell every copy of Win 8 they can.

ivtec

banned
Hi Forum,

Is there a way to install Windows 8 on my Hewlett-Packard Pavilion t124a computer with Intel Pentium 4 processor computer without using NX or XD. I really wanted to see how good or crap this computer can be (runs Windows 7 like a dream:cool:). My other computer has a Celeron D CPU and that is really slow........................................................... and laggy. (even with windows xp).

-rbarringto

No way you can do that,you could barely run win 7 on that machine

spynoodle

I wouldn't give up so quickly on your Celeron D computer; Celeron D's are really just 65nm Pentium 4's with less cache, and most Celeron D's should be faster than a Northwood Pentium 4. More importantly, however, Celeron D's should support NX. What are the complete specs of your other computer? Maybe it's just laggy because you need a RAM upgrade, or perhaps you just haven't done regular maintenance in a while.

Havoc

The Only Windows 8 that Might work would be the Consumer Preview 32 bit..All the other One's will Not work..