Installing Windows Xp... Failure HELP!

reessm01

New Member
I just built my computer from scratch. I'm trying to install windows xp sp2 32 bit and it either freezes any where during the installation or BSOD with bad_boot_header.

Any suggestions? Getting frustrated... ALL day, seriously ALL DAY have I been at this... We've tried replacing data cables, optical drives, and ram... HELP

Specs:
BioStar MB for AMD A770 A2+
4 Gigs AData 800bit DDR2 Ram
AMD Athlon X2 4600 2.4 Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
WD 320gigs Caviar SE16 SATA

If more info is needed feel free to ask.

HELP!
 
try only having 1 stick of ram in during the installation. i have had trouble having more then 2 gig in whilst installing an OS
 
Will try.

I forgot to say that I had the system running on a 64bit version of xp, but realized I'm upgrading my xp to a 32bit version of vista. ...

It worked once no problem.

Now it does not work. Makes no sense.
 
College gave me the wrong one... I just want to atleast play my game this weekend lol...

But please do help... nothing is working.
 
maybe you need to install some Sata drivers for your Hard drive?

ive never had to install any for mine though :cool:
 
Will try.

I forgot to say that I had the system running on a 64bit version of xp, but realized I'm upgrading my xp to a 32bit version of vista. ...

It worked once no problem.

Now it does not work. Makes no sense.

Dont really think you can do a (upgrade) from a 64bit XP to a 32bit Vista, could be wrong though. Your best bet would be to do a clean install of Vista if thats the one you want installed.
 
Back
Top