Installing Windows XP

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You need to get the rest of those drivers from Dell's website. Just type in the service tag of the machine and it will give you all the needed drivers.

If you don't see them on that first page, then click on the tab that has all drivers for that model computer.

eddie57

Drivers

You need to get the rest of those drivers from Dell's website. Just type in the service tag of the machine and it will give you all the needed drivers.

If you don't see them on that first page, then click on the tab that has all drivers for that model computer.

That's where I got all the drivers. The only driver I downloaded that I haven't installed in the communication driver and the removable storage drivers. I will try the comm driver. Thanks

Eddie

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You need to update to SP3 as soon as you can. Anything lower than SP3 isn't supported anymore and no security fixes are available for it anymore.

eddie57

Sp3?

You need to update to SP3 as soon as you can. Anything lower than SP3 isn't supported anymore and no security fixes are available for it anymore.

I was going through some cd's i had and one of them says Windows XP SP3. I doesn't say " Windows XP Professional", which is what I have installed on the PC. Do you think I can install this Service Pack?

PS: does SP3 have everything that SP2 had? Should I install SP2 or just not?

Last edited: