Instant/Permanent Notes on Windows ?

jo86

Switched from Mac to Windows and on Mac you could press cmd+left to access another "desktop" or page where you could lay out all sorts of things that would stay there permanently like notes, stats, other gadgets...

I'm desperately looking for instant access to a text file on Windows 10, or little notes, where I can immediately copy (then paste on a webpage) things like my email address, numbers, codes etc... and for the life of me I'm not finding anything on google that fits that. I don't want a series of clicks, I want copy-paste boom done.

Anyone ? Thanking you !

jo86

Sticky notes perhaps?
well I tried them, they kind of suck. They're not a permanent thing like what I'm describing from Mac computers. If you restart your computer, you'll lose whatever you wrote there, and it didn't seem there was a way to save it.

I'm just looking for quick/immediate access, at all times, to stuff I'm tired of typing millions of times mechanically. Email address, secret codes, other numbers... can't seem to find anything on Windows.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you restart your computer, you'll lose whatever you wrote there,
Not true. I just tested it by leaving the sticky note up in the right hand corner of my screen and restarted system and it reappeared when desktop loaded. Are you using the MS app from windows 10?

jo86

john: woops, my bad then !
Darren: thanks for that. It acts weird, won't copy paste on certain occasions, will in others etc... but it's def. something I'll be using and trying to perfect.

Thanks guys !