Integrated Graphic Card Help

AlmightyZues

hello, i have been thinking to buy a GeForce FX5200 for a while now and I think i might just do it, but before i do, i have a question that i need answered as soon as possible. i have a computer with a VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP which isn't that bad but has poor compatibility with games that i like to play such as Far Cry and Rome: Total War, and also many other games. It is ashaming to see my other computer being compatible with these games, even though it is 5 years older, and yet my brand new computer isn't. So as i have heard, it is bad to have two cards running on at once.
So heres my question(s):
Should I turn off my integrated card?
And If I do, should i do it by goign to the disabling by the means of the "Device Manager" in the control panel of my Windows XP.
Also, will these two cards even though the VIA will be turned off, will they interfere with each other?
i am hoping to have this computer for a really long time and i wish not to have one that is messy and sloppy, so please give me the best answer you can. thank you
:p

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I'm not going into any great detail so sorry... But you mention you did not want your system to be sloppy soooo I would suggest not using 2 video cards within it :).. Get one good one that is compatible with all your games and be happy.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
oh oh.. someone did a no no, was it me? or was it you? LOL! J/K.. I've reread your post and now i'm not sure what your talking about LOL.. See the confusion starts when you start calling your built in video a card!! most people do so dont worry about it.. But come on people integrated video does not come in the form of a card! it's more like a chip on your Mobo :)..

K so anyhow assuming your talking about Onboard video and JUST 1 card then go for it. dissable the onboard video and there should be no problems.

Also make sure you have a slot which you intend to plug this video card into :).. check to make sure you've even got an AGP slot and if not then you'll have to use a PCI card :-(..

Cookieboro

Like blue said it would dissable it but i gotta ask one thing? Who said far cry would run playable on a Geforce FX 5200? heheh!

P11

VIP Member
ya for those games a Geforce FX 5200 wouldnt do it.....try saving up a couple more bucks and get the FX 5500 256mb or just be patient get some more money and get a 6800GT :D (btw i wasnt patient so i got the FX 5500 which is a great card and should run farcry but not on full gfx but that also depends on your comp)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
And If I do, should i do it by goign to the disabling by the means of the "Device Manager" in the control panel of my Windows XP.

Oh ya :) sorry.. go into bios to dissable the built in video.