Integrated Graphics Card?!

Nikez1919

So i bought a really good new desktop pc but i've been playing some games and the fps was really low.. I looked at the dxdiag and in display it says

Name: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce GTX 660

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC ??? What is this. I've read on some other forums and people were saying that its an integrated graphics card. If this is the integrated one what should i do? I bought the pc only about a month ago. I don't know what to do. I'm really dissapointed because i've spent loads of money on this pc. Should I worry about it?

Please Help :mad:
Thanks.

Last edited:

speedx77x

I'll go out on a limb and say that your DVI/VGA/HDMI (Whatever your using) isn't plugged into your graphics card, but your motherboard instead. Plug your DVI/VGA/HDMI cord from your monitor into your graphics card.

590-ports.jpg

Nikez1919

So I went into BIOS and i couldn't find the main adapter setting. I found the integrated video setting which was disabled so i don't know...

Does the integrated RAMDAC affect the performance of my pc in anyway? If so can someone tell me how and what should I do about it. The PC is like a month old.

SpringWater

So I went into BIOS and i couldn't find the main adapter setting. I found the integrated video setting which was disabled so i don't know...

Does the integrated RAMDAC affect the performance of my pc in anyway? If so can someone tell me how and what should I do about it. The PC is like a month old.

Have you tried playing video games? If they work fine I wouldn't worry about this setting since in that case the performance is not affected.

Nikez1919

But when i tried to play minecraft i got only 100 fps and it drops even to 40 sometimes... Is this normal or what? I thought that this pc will perform a bit better. I played gta 4 and maxed settings and got laggs sometimes. Do you know any good games which i could test my pc on? Could this pc run battlefield 3 on maxed out settings??

SpringWater

But when i tried to play minecraft i got only 100 fps and it drops even to 40 sometimes... Is this normal or what? I thought that this pc will perform a bit better. I played gta 4 and maxed settings and got laggs sometimes. Do you know any good games which i could test my pc on? Could this pc run battlefield 3 on maxed out settings??

Yes that is normal, minecraft is a very unoptimized game. There is a youtuber who has a i7 extreme and a gtx titan and his fps drops to 10 when he's loading chunks. Bf should run maxed out at around 30fps. If you want more fps in minecraft turn vsync off. That should bump up your average fps but it might result in lag spikes. Don't believe the people in youtube comments who say "I have a gtx 560 and I'm getting 400fps" because that's bullcrap, and they are trying to trick others.

Oh, and gta 4 laggs like crazy even on my 2 480s so that's normal too, again it's very unoptimized.

Last edited:

Nikez1919

Thanks for all of the answers. Does anyone know a good and safe program or a trick on how to boost your fps?

Last edited:

speedx77x

To boost your FPS:

1.Best way is to Overclock your graphics card, but make sure you keep it auto fan control or crank up the fan speed to a good amount to prevent from overheating. The best overclocking software IMO is MSI afterburner all you gotta do is turn up the sliders and your fan speed hit apply and your done. Here's the link to the download http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

2. Optimize your game settings using this software from geforce http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience
And remember you cant run every game at max.