intel 925X and 925EX

mar666

i've been planning to make a s775 system for a month now and then i just read a review where asus, and abit are making boards that use 1000fsb as opposed to the 800. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on them. I know that that they remove the bottleneck on the ram. I think the asus one is just the big brother to the p5ad2. i was also wondering if:

Do they just use the same s775 processors as now (p4 430,440,450)?
and are they out or do i have to wait. Because i was so close to buying a 925X based motherboard.

I really like the new fsb, because it actually makes buying the 'wallet-exploding' price of DDR2 ram worth it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes socket775 boards use (any) socket775 chips. Any incompatability will be due to changes made by intel. :)

mar666

so i guess if i get a cpu w/ the 800fsb it's the motherboard that ups it to 1000 right? because intel is still releasing a 4.6 ghz cpu with the 2mb cache (which could be the one to have the 1000fsb with). I've been searching all night and can't find any solid info on it.

p.s thanx for the quick reply :)

mar666

damn!!!!! don't know what to get now. Was reading that the dual core p4's will be out around mid 2005. the 1000fsb p4's will be out later this year (hopefully). And i was already so close to buying a 925X chipset!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh. I finally have the money to build my computer and i now have too many options to choose from. Also intel is not reducing the prices on their existing p4's until next year!!!

On top of that will intel only be releasing a Extreme Edition to match the 1000fsb, or will they just release p4 3.6 ghz (non Extreme Edition) that can take advatage of the fsb.

Don't know what to do, but im leaning towards the new fsb, cant wait until mid 2005. though by then the x800 xt's will have lowered in price.

wow so much to think about is making me hungry.........

edit: Intel's new roadmap (as of yesterday)

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19147

well, i guess that solves that if the only way to get a 1000 fsb cpu is to pay $1000. i'm gonna have to do some serious thinking, as to if i want to wait until next year or not. Damn you intel... Damn you to hell :mad: , but i still love you ;)

Last edited: