Intel Core 4 Processor

Geoff

VIP Member
DDR3 i've heard about, but I dont think its coming out Q2 of this year.

As fore Core 4, i've never even heard of it. Intel is just building on the Core 2 name now, such as the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad.

heyman421

banned
they're out now, but on a limited production

they're hoping to make the q6600 more mainstream q2 by dropping it in price ~$300

George Araneta

I think he means the C2Quad as the core 4 processor thats what it is but he just posted wrong...

My source always reliable, it's Intel Core 4, not the Intel Core 2 Quad, announcement not yet determine whether on Q2 or Q4 of this year but definitely it's coming within this year, DDR3 & DDR4 already been applied to some graphic cards, as well as mobo with 1333 FSB, so the DDR3 for the motherboard is so imminent.

heyman421

banned
the motherboards for the c2d are already 1333 capable

let's see a cited article

Last edited by a moderator:

George Araneta

Several major DRAM manufacturer have made announcement, they are supplying the industry's first DDR3 devices and modules to leading PC industry developers for evaluation by early 2007.

Intel’s Bearlake chipset will be the first to support DDR3 and it is expected to arrive in the third quarter of 2007

DDR3 Key Features

The DDR3 components are twice as fast as today's highest speed DDR2 memory products.
The first computer systems equipped with the advanced DDR3 memory technology are expected to arrive in 2007.
The main advantages of DDR3 are the higher bandwidth and the increase in performance at low power.
The DDR3 SDRAM devices will offer data transfer rates up to 1600 Mbps (megabits per second).
The supply voltage for the memory technology is being reduced from 1.8 volts for DDR2 to just 1.5 volts for DDR3 targeting a work day equivalent of battery time. The voltage reduction limits the amount of power that is consumed and heat that is generated in connection with the increase in bandwidths.

Last edited:

The_Beast

Several major DRAM manufacturer have made announcement, they are supplying the industry's first DDR3 devices and modules to leading PC industry developers for evaluation by early 2007.

Intel’s Bearlake chipset will be the first to support DDR3 and it is expected to arrive in the third quarter of 2007

DDR3 Key Features

The DDR3 components are twice as fast as today's highest speed DDR2 memory products.
The first computer systems equipped with the advanced DDR3 memory technology are expected to arrive in 2007.
The main advantages of DDR3 are the higher bandwidth and the increase in performance at low power.
The DDR3 SDRAM devices will offer data transfer rates up to 1600 Mbps (megabits per second).
The supply voltage for the memory technology is being reduced from 1.8 volts for DDR2 to just 1.5 volts for DDR3 targeting a work day equivalent of battery time. The voltage reduction limits the amount of power that is consumed and heat that is generated in connection with the increase in bandwidths.

bold=pretty cool

unbold=are just extras that i dont care about

Dual_Corex2

banned
So Core 2 is the new "Pentium"? I hear it even uses the same architecture as the Pentium, its just been modified.....

jedijeff123

in my lifetime(most of it), the pentiums were always the top products.....my world is coming apart. but intel did need to do some revising

Dual_Corex2

banned
in my lifetime(most of it), the pentiums were always the top products.....my world is coming apart. but intel did need to do some revising

ehhhh.......i dont think Pentiums were ever on top. Speed wise they were. I believe even in the 133mhz days AMD had the lead....not sure though. But i remember in my day, when i got into computer stuff (The Pentium 3 recently released around that time) AMD Athlons were on top.

Geoff

VIP Member
ehhhh.......i dont think Pentiums were ever on top. Speed wise they were. I believe even in the 133mhz days AMD had the lead....not sure though. But i remember in my day, when i got into computer stuff (The Pentium 3 recently released around that time) AMD Athlons were on top.

When it was the P4's vs the Athlon XP's, the Pentium was on top.

codeman0013

Here is my opinion... They can keep coming out with these newer and faster components but in my mind its getting to be over kill. I have for the time being a p4 prescott core and 2 gigs of ram and my computer is plenty fast i'm never waiting on a process I just dont get why a person would want or need anymore. I'm a programmer and work for a major fortuine 500 company and we never would utalize anything faster then we use now even using VS2k5 and SQL server 2k5 its just not needed and over kill at this point in time...

Geoff

VIP Member
Here is my opinion... They can keep coming out with these newer and faster components but in my mind its getting to be over kill. I have for the time being a p4 prescott core and 2 gigs of ram and my computer is plenty fast i'm never waiting on a process I just dont get why a person would want or need anymore. I'm a programmer and work for a major fortuine 500 company and we never would utalize anything faster then we use now even using VS2k5 and SQL server 2k5 its just not needed and over kill at this point in time...
For the average person, a P4 is still a great processor. But for gamers, the P4 would mean you need to upgrade. My P4 and x1900GT perform almost the same as my Core Duo and x1400, so the processor make a huge difference in gaming.

codeman0013

I only wish i could afford a processor like that i think i'm going to wait until later this year and upgrade to a whole new system that includes a core 2 quad and 2 gigs ram and a new nvidia card and all new case and such just not sure hwat i want to get yet...

Dual_Corex2

banned
[-0MEGA-];576900 said:
I know when it was P4 vs A64 that was the case. But Intel's performed better since they had much higher clockspeeds at the time.

Please dont sound like the guy at best buy!

Intels needed that clock speed, even with it they sucked. Get a top end P4 vs. a top end A64 and AMD would win in nearly everything.

The ONLY thing the P4s had going for them was clock speed. That and the HT, but even that sucked. It didnt do a whole lot of anything. Or at least, it wasnt noticable to me at all, was just as fast as a P4 without it.

I dont know anything about the Bartons as i owned a Thoroughbred Athlon.

Last edited: