Intel i processors and AMD equivalents?

moshi08

So, I'm not so familiar with amd processors, and wanted to know what AMD processor(s) would be considered equivalents of the following processors ?

i7 ?
i5 ?
i3 ?
core 2 quad ?
core 2 duo ?
others ?

MrDeath

Equal processors

Core 2 Duo = Phenom 2 X2 series, Athlon 2 X2 series (Phenom 2 features larger on die cache compared to the Athlon 2 series. All of the Phenom series are actually Quad cores, with only 2 cores that actually work. It is a popular practice for people to buy Phenom 2 X2's and unlock the remaining 2 disabled cores, turning it into a quad core CPU)
Core 2 Quad = Phenom 2 X4, Athlon 2 X4
Core i3, i5, i7 = Phenom 2 X4 (Black Editions) clocked above 3ghz are the only real contenders against the Core i5 and i7 series. The Core i3's don't hold a candle to any of the Phenom 2 X4 series.

ktec

Core 2 Duo = Phenom 2 X2 series, Athlon 2 X2 series (Phenom 2 features larger on die cache compared to the Athlon 2 series. All of the Phenom series are actually Quad cores, with only 2 cores that actually work. It is a popular practice for people to buy Phenom 2 X2's and unlock the remaining 2 disabled cores, turning it into a quad core CPU)
Core 2 Quad = Phenom 2 X4, Athlon 2 X4
Core i3, i5, i7 = Phenom 2 X4 (Black Editions) clocked above 3ghz are the only real contenders against the Core i5 and i7 series. The Core i3's don't hold a candle to any of the Phenom 2 X4 series.

forgetting the phenom II x6? That's probably the only real contender against a high end i5 or i7

2048Megabytes

AMD is going to release a new processor series around July or August 2011. Only AMD employees know the processing power of the new Socket AM3+ processors now. I am guessing Socket AM3+ Quad-Core processors they will at least match the some of of Intel's i7 Socket 1366 Quad-Core central processing units. This however is my own opinion and guess. No one will know until AMD releases the new Socket AM3+ processors to the public.

I love my Phenom II 945 Quad-Core Processor. It may not match Sandybridge Quad-Cores but it is a powerful processor.