Intel i5-7500, Ryzen 5 1500X

Eduardo96

Always buy what's the best value for your money and use case. Blind loyalty to one company is foolish. Also you got some sources for that claim Intel HD is better? You're terribly oversimplifying things.
Ok, maybe. Just look the prices of an AMD A10 and an Intel Core i3 and use them boths. Play. In fact, I'm writing right now in an AMD A8 7410 Laptop wich I described in the previous reply, and which has been left in ridiculous by some notebooks with Core i3s of old generations. I'm not just making up things. Not to mention the kit with wich I played many games until 2013...

Darren

Staff member
Ok, maybe. Just look the prices of an AMD A10 and an Intel Core i3 and use them boths. Play. In fact, I'm writing right now in an AMD A8 7410 Laptop wich I described in the previous reply, and which has been left in ridiculous by some notebooks with Core i3s of old generations. I'm not just making up things. Not to mention the kit with wich I played many games until 2013...
The whole A series of stuff was a dumpster fire, no question there. But this thread is talking about vastly newer technology.

In OP's circumstance the Intel chip probably is the better choice given his strictly gaming usage. My point don't blindly follow one company (regardless of industry) because your single experience with old hardware points you one way. Compare raw data (benchmarks) and prices and go with what's best for you. AMD CPU's (and APU's especially) sucked for a while, but Ryzen chips are great for a lot of people and the Intel only hive mind is nothing but damaging to the market and the consumers in it.

Eduardo96

You are right Darren, I haven't tested new technology except for the Core i3 7100 which is only one year old. But we can rely much on benchmarks because of the imposibility of connecting to internet. It is complicated. I'm not at all following any company. I'm basing my opinion on the results we achieved. The old Kit I mentioned before was mainly 512 mb ddr1, Celeron D @2,6Ghz 3xx dont remember well, IDE disks and Geforce 8400Gs PCI. I played Deus Ex Human Revolution. Just saying that we have to base too on old pieces because companies don't just invent some impressive technologies for they are very expensive. And it is Intel who dominated market with so many reliable chips that is hard not to trust it. And I'm saying this without viewing the market strategy of AMD or Intel wich I know it is agressive but full of bad or inflated information.