Intel OR AMD Based PC build?

ShaneWilkinson

Well, Im doing my first pc build and I have a fairly easy buthard question?

Should i Do

Intel w/ Nvidia
Or
AMD w/ ATI

The reason i am asking this is because im ona budjet of 500$ for Mobo, cpu, gpu, psu. And i really want as much power and I possibly Can.

Thansk - shane

chupacabra

AMD is your best choice with that kind of budget for dual core processor, if you don't mind single core then intel

ZER0X

VIP Member
Why not Intel W/ Ati?
Or
AMD with Nvidia?

ATM intel are leading the market with the Intel Quad Core. The Nvidia 8800 and the ati 2900 cards are in competition.

I built this PC in my signiture for under $600 dollars AUD which was also case, burner etc.
To suit your budget make sure to find the neccasary parts in which your using the PC for.

AMD is your best choice with that kind of budget for dual core processor, if you don't mind single core then intel
Thats correct aswell, Intels new CPU's are quite expensive.

Last edited:

UriA702

the 945's are really crappy chip sets IMO. Why not get that "black edition" athlon thats on new egg. it's a real good chip and fairly inexpensive.
I'd say go Intel, but it seems like until the 45nm come out AMD chips are prices far more competitively. Either way you win the core 2 duo's are really good chips and so are the athlons.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I would say your going to get more performance with AMD at the moment, the 5600+ coming in at the same price of $139 and will outperform the E4300 (the 5600+ is on par with the E6550 @ stock speeds). Why don't you get AMD/nVidia at that budget?

oscaryu1

VIP Member
According to me intel is the best chioce for every part of a computer and also service of intel parts is so esay then others.

And according to before the C2D's came, AMD was better...

You can't fix an burnt Intel motherboard/processor easier than an AMD if thats what your saying... :rolleyes:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
And according to before the C2D's came, AMD was better...

You can't fix an burnt Intel motherboard/processor easier than an AMD if thats what your saying... :rolleyes:

I don't know what's up with this Serious Chatter thing. Just ignore his/its posts...:rolleyes: