Intel price cut on Q3 2008 !!!

maroon1

IntelCPU_Pricecut.gif

Intel plans to release two new quad cores, Q9650 and Q9400 in Q3 '08 at $530 and $266 respectively. As such, Q9550 pricing will be lowered from $530 to $316 and Q6600 will be further lowered from $224 to $203. Intel also plans to release two new Core 2 Duo, E8600 and E7300 in Q3 at $ 266 and $ 133 respectively. By then, E8500 price will be cut from $ 266 to $ 183, E8400 from $ 183 to $ 163 and E7200 from $ 133 to $ 113.
http://vr-zone.com/articles/Intel_Upcoming_Desktop_CPU_Price_Cut/5787.html

Note: E7xxx have 1066MHz FSB, not 800 as the chart says

Last edited:

Justin

VIP Member
rob a bank then,il help you :D

well you could always see what the prices are on the quads when your ready to upgrade ;)

i think the prices on the q6600 are brilliant atm but its not 45nm :cool:

cool. bring the AK47's, and i'll take care of the C4. :cool:

haha. it's still going to be a few months, so i'll just see how much i have stolen errrrrhm i mean saved up by then. ;)

that Q9650 looks sweet nice price also but i prob will buy the Q9550 becuase of the 12mb cache and 3.0Ghz :)

btw what quad cores in that list have sheared cache main reason i don't wanna buy a Q6600

Last edited:

daffyracers03

I dont get it. I just bought the Q9450 for $279 the other day. And its only gonna drop to $316 this fall. I think Intel could do a better job on that offical price drop for the 3rd Quarter.

just a noob

im getting one of those q9650's if they drop that low(seems ive heard this somewhere before) but, the nehalms are supposed to blow them out of the water

Justin

VIP Member
this got me thinking. as nevakonaza told me to get quad core as it's more future proof. would i be better off with a q6660, or a e8400/e8500? i'll be gaming on it, video & sound editing, and graphics design.

lovely?

Q6600 its hard to believe that two cores is better then 4 unless both cores can reach twice the frequency of the quad core. its just plain simpleminded.

MosIncredible

this got me thinking. as nevakonaza told me to get quad core as it's more future proof. would i be better off with a q6660, or a e8400/e8500? i'll be gaming on it, video & sound editing, and graphics design.

You answered your own question when you mentioned video & sound editing along with graphics design. Q6600 is great for gaming as well but people somehow overlook this and say things like "E8400 for gaming" when it's only marginally better.

lovely?

finally somebody figured out that four cores is better then two in the LONG RUN and the two cores that are already usable in the quad core are no lightweights!

Justin

VIP Member
You answered your own question when you mentioned video & sound editing along with graphics design. Q6600 is great for gaming as well but people somehow overlook this and say things like "E8400 for gaming" when it's only marginally better.

lol. well i didn't answer my own question. just needed some clarification. so cool, q6660 it is. :D

WhiteFireDragon

wow those wolfdales will be so cheap! i doubt it'll actually drop that low in Q3. everytime there are charts like this that propose prices, high demands always cause actual prices to be jacked up. i remember the MSRP for the e8400 was around $183 before it was released, and at one point, it was over $270 a few weeks after the release

just a noob

wow those wolfdales will be so cheap! i doubt it'll actually drop that low in Q3. everytime there are charts like this that propose prices, high demands always cause actual prices to be jacked up. i remember the MSRP for the e8400 was around $183 before it was released, and at one point, it was over $270 a few weeks after the release

next generation of processors will be out, it'll be just like the amd fx-XX's, checked the price on an fx-74 and it was like $150 down from the $999? it was when it was released

maroon1

I dont get it. I just bought the Q9450 for $279 the other day. And its only gonna drop to $316 this fall. I think Intel could do a better job on that offical price drop for the 3rd Quarter.

The Q9550 will drop to $316

Q9450 will get discontinued in Q3