Interested in selling my photos

spirit

Staff member
Can anybody here recommend a good place to sell my photos? I've heard of some websites out there which you can sell your photos on (I just read this http://www.sitepoint.com/15-places-to-sell-your-photos/) but it'd great if anybody here can recommend anything else. I'd like to make a decent amount for each photo sold and it would be great if the service were UK-based (though not a requirement I guess).

Thanks for any help in advance.

EvanK

I personally don't sell my photos, but I know a few people who've had decent luck with fineartamerica.com (they operate in the States, Canada, the UK, Australia, Japan, and across Europe). I'm not personally a fan of stock photography, so I can't speak for sites like Shutterstock or iStock Photo, but if you have photos that you think could work as stock images, I'm sure that they work fine.

spirit

Staff member
So hang on can you only sell stock photography on fineartamerica? I don't have any photos which would work as stock photography I don't think...

EvanK

Sorry, when I mentioned stock photography I was referring to sites like ShutterStock that were mentioned in the original article that you linked. Fine Art America is anything but stock images, I've personally never used it but I've heard good things.

spirit

Staff member
OK. Thanks for the recommendation Evan. I will take a look into that! Cheers for the help! :good:

Btw... you heard that the D7000 has been replaced by the D7100? ;)

Punk

Staff member
OK. Thanks for the recommendation Evan. I will take a look into that! Cheers for the help! :good:

I would suggest starting by showcasing your photos at local events before selling them.

I personally won't sell mine, I don't take photos for that :).

EvanK

It's my pleasure, I'm glad that you found it helpful :)

And I did hear about the D7100, looks like a nice camera, but hardly worth the upgrade for me at this point. I'd like to move to full frame sometime within the next few years, but I'm not exactly in a situation where that'd be financially viable right now ;)

spirit

Staff member
And I did hear about the D7100, looks like a nice camera, but hardly worth the upgrade for me at this point. I'd like to move to full frame sometime within the next few years, but I'm not exactly in a situation where that'd be financially viable right now ;)
Yeah it's not a massive upgrade from the D7000. Has the same EXPEED 3 processor and 24 megapixel count as my D3200 has, and it now sports a 51-point AF system. :D