Intermittent internet conn. Loss

Aaronm

I have a Gateway desktop / wireless router / 2 laptops.
The desktop occasionally looses the internet connection. Sometimes I can not load homepage, other times I loose it in the middle of surfing. I get a " Can not connect to the Internet" message. Sometimes refresh will reconnect other times it will not.
Could this be a defective internet card. Any possible ideas for issues. The laptops connect fine.

adarsh

Loss of signal is usually attributed by too many electronic appliances placed close to your desktop.

Also, it can be because of the distance between your router and your desktop... try moving the router closer to your desktop if possible. Signals also get weaker when they pass through walls, so this entirely depends on your connection setup (where you've placed the router).

The laptops may be connecting because they are close to the router than the desktop is.

Aaronm

The router is within 1 ft from the desktop.. The router is wired via ethernet cable to the Desktop.. The laptops are connected wireless.
I do appreciate your input.

Aaronm

The wireless laptops are working fine.. It is the Desktop having the issues.. The computer is about... 4 - 5 years old...