internal usb card reader

charleslong

Hi guys I just installed an internal usb card reader/writer. I am not able to see it once windows has loaded. I have my usb enabled in bios and everything seems to work fine until windows loads. I will get a green light on the card reader and then when xp comes up the light goes off and I dont see it in my computer anywhere. The card reader is a Sabrent 16 in 1. http://www.sabrent.com/products/index.htm
If anyone have any suggestions or know whats going on with this let me know.
Thanks for the help
Charles

charleslong

charleslong said:
Hi guys I just installed an internal usb card reader/writer. I am not able to see it once windows has loaded. I have my usb enabled in bios and everything seems to work fine until windows loads. I will get a green light on the card reader and then when xp comes up the light goes off and I dont see it in my computer anywhere. The card reader is a Sabrent 16 in 1. http://www.sabrent.com/products/index.htm
If anyone have any suggestions or know whats going on with this let me know.
Thanks for the help
Charles

I also just did a BIOS update to try and make sure that that wasnt my problem

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Does this thing use motherboard headers or the standard USB ports? Either way, try another port/header if at all possible. Make sure the pins are correct.

How many cards have you tried in this thing? Though mine always shows a drive, it does switch around when you change card types. Perhaps it's not compatable with one you're trying? Just an idea, but I'm a bit lost...sorry I can't be more help.

I have a card reader and sometimes it didn't work. I had to unplug and replug and restart a whole bunch to get it to work but once I installed the drivers it worked fine. (windows said it installed the drivers it's self but windows lied)

charleslong

thank thanks for the posts/suggestions guys.
I found out that my usb isnt even working. I tried hooking up a usb keyboard and it didnt work. It worked through BIOS, but once windows actually came up to the logon screen it stopped working.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Service Pack 2 causing problems? :confused:

kobaj

VIP Member
[evil]See, no one beleved me when I said sp2 was bad but who is laughing now, ahahahaha...[/evil]

sorry got a bit carried away

charleslong

kobaj said:
[evil]See, no one beleved me when I said sp2 was bad but who is laughing now, ahahahaha...[/evil]

sorry got a bit carried away
Its did more harm than good for me, but I can only speak for myself.
I still can get the card reader to read anything. When I put a card in there the red light comes on, but when I click one of the for icons (not sure which one) the hour glass just stays up there. Any Ideas, what am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Charles