**internet connect problem, please help**

Ligrow89

New Member
A Few nights ago we had a bad storm and lost our power. When we got our power back the next morning and I turned my computer on It would not connect to the Internet. When I ran the Diagnose Network feature in my windows vista it told me there was No Network Adapter and one had to be installed and configured. The same thing for my Xbox 360, says there is no network adapter. But my parents computer works. I have a compaq Presario SR1920NX running Vista. Please Help:confused::confused::confused::confused:
 
A Few nights ago we had a bad storm and lost our power. When we got our power back the next morning and I turned my computer on It would not connect to the Internet. When I ran the Diagnose Network feature in my windows vista it told me there was No Network Adapter and one had to be installed and configured. The same thing for my Xbox 360, says there is no network adapter. But my parents computer works. I have a compaq Presario SR1920NX running Vista. Please Help:confused::confused::confused::confused:

It's possible your Ethernet port got fried.
Trying smelling the back of your computer and make note if you smell something is burnt.
Get back to us with if you smell anything burnt.
Also try, trying a different Ethernet cord.
How is your computer connected to the internet?
How is your parents computer connected to the internet?
Otherwise i can't think of anything.
The only other thing mite be a virus. But highly unlikely since it was during a bad storm.
Hope that helps. :)
 
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Lightning storm and surged through the phone line. Lucky for you it still runs; mine was completely dead.
 
Back
Top