Internet connection on desktop

yoohoo

New Member
Does anyone know how I could make sure the connection I have is the one that the browser is trying to use?
 
Its a computer I havent connected to the internet before I got it from a school auction. At first it said limited or no connectivity and I manually changed the ip and it connected but web pages wont load on firefox or ie
 
Find out what kind of LAN it has, either a card or onboard and load the latest drivers. Then run the New Internet Connection Wizard and see what happens. Are you using a Ethernet or USB cable for a connection between the modem and computer?
 
I just tried that stuff and its still doing the same thing. I'm using the same ethernet cable for both computers. I did notice though that before the page cannot be displayed comes up it says detecting proxy settings
 
Its a computer I havent connected to the internet before I got it from a school auction. At first it said limited or no connectivity and I manually changed the ip and it connected but web pages wont load on firefox or ie

Set it to "automatically detect" settings. If it was from a school auction, that explains alot.
 
I set it to automatically detect settings and still same thing I thought it might be trying to use a different connection or something but I dont know how to make sure.
 
there have many other threads regarding this, view the OPs other thread and see what i have replied to.
 
Back
Top