Internet connection problem

Jekbe

Hi! I’m new here, and I’m Polish, but nobody could help me on Polish forum, so finally I decided to ask here.
Since all time we have had many problems with the internet that evolved, disappeared and came back. I think I would start from the beginning.

We live in a small village and we use the internet from copper phone cable. First connection problems came about 6 -5 years ago. It just broke connection in a random moment and the only way to come back was reset the router. Also speed was slower than it could. So long nobody could help us and finally about 3 years ago someone from technical help checked that it was because our fance’s foundation settled and smash cabble.
Everything was good until the router died and we got new (idk what model it was actually we got any used tp-link td-w8910g). And it helped for a time. Also I bought a new pc where I use Asus usb n10 nano to connect wifi.
And the next problem was with this new pc. Before the Asus adapter I used an old tp link but there weren't Win10 drivers and I lost connection about every hour. Then I bought this Asus. One time I tried to use the new tp link tl wn722n but when I connect it, it starts breaking the internet in house. All the time the random device and router lost connection just because this adapter in my pc so I went back to Asus.

Month ago I installed a new Win10 2004 update that broke my pc one more time. Every time I turn on pc after 1 minute I lose connection and I have to turn off wifi and turn it on again (idk why but sometimes I have to do that 2 times). I can live with it but it’s frustrating.
And finally last time we bought a new brother wifi printer. And again I have problems with connection sometime from my pc sometime from my brother’s acer laptop. Also I have problems scanning something to file, because the printer can’t find any connected device. To repair it I just randomly restart the PC and printer and re-connecting it to pc/laptop to the moment it starts work (it takes about 30 minutes!).

Ok that all. So actual problems are with the printer and losing connection when turning on pc. I lost the idea of what to do. I just find reasons that help now but problems still back.

Jekbe

And I forgot. Always ony I had all problems even when I used old hp laptop it had problems but when i buy pc and laptop was used by my parents and brother it hadn't problems but i had problems on pc. idk why.

Zymek

Laptops have much better connection to wifi than desktops. I had a similar desktop connection problem at my mom's house about 5 years ago. I put the modem in the hall and everything connected. It seemed to really have a connection problem with a desktop on a different floor. It's worth a try to relocate the modem/router more in the middle and closer to the desktop. It sounds like something simple. Good luck!

Jekbe

no that not that. I have good connection (modem is in next room about 3 or 4 metres from PC). And there wasn't problem before 2004 update