Internet Connection "Recorder" prog?

Da Mail Man

greetings,
my broadband internet connection goes down multiple times a day with my provider giving me a run-a-round.....so, i started logging in all the times that it goes down (that i know of and when i am home) on paper....is there a program that could "record" this data for me 24-7?..what i mean is, a program that can record the time connected to the internet and when the INTERNET CONNECTION goes down?....thanks!

brian

VIP Member
well this is all i have. if some one can help. it starts the first one but the secount one it fails.

Code:
@echo off
call wait 10
echo ######### >> "%USERPROFILE%\ping output.txt"
date /t >> "%USERPROFILE%\Ping output.txt"
time /t >> "%USERPROFILE%\ping output.txt"
ping -l 1 ask.com >> "%USERPROFILE%\ping output.txt"
start ping.bat
exit

Da Mail Man

well this is all i have. if some one can help. it starts the first one but the secount one it fails.

Code:
@echo off
call wait 10
echo ######### >> "%USERPROFILE%\ping output.txt"
date /t >> "%USERPROFILE%\Ping output.txt"
time /t >> "%USERPROFILE%\ping output.txt"
ping -l 1 ask.com >> "%USERPROFILE%\ping output.txt"
start ping.bat
exit

.........it's all greek ta me!...as long as it will log (so-to-speak) when my net connection falls off and when it reconnects and do it automatically, would be fabulous!...look, don't kill yourself doing this as i can keep placing this on paper (as long as i am home).......thanks again!!!!!

brian

VIP Member
no it is simple. it is just not working :D i hope some one on this site will know what i am doing wrong. all it is it is will ping a website and record the time and date to a output file. and restart itself. here tho. if you want it now. i can give you one that pings continuslay but it will not record the time and date just if the internet fails.

Da Mail Man

no it is simple. it is just not working :D i hope some one on this site will know what i am doing wrong. all it is it is will ping a website and record the time and date to a output file. and restart itself. here tho. if you want it now. i can give you one that pings continuslay but it will not record the time and date just if the internet fails.

.....i wish i had a clue as to how to write a program....didn't have this in school when i was going...at any rate, if you can "complete" it so that i could look at it and tell what time the net connection went down and resumed or even how long it stayed down and maybe have an "adjustable" setting that i could adjust the frequency of the pinging, that would more then i could have hoped or asked for!....thanks!...keep in touch sir!:cool:

OvenMaster

VIP Member
greetings,
my broadband internet connection goes down multiple times a day with my provider giving me a run-a-round.....so, i started logging in all the times that it goes down (that i know of and when i am home) on paper....is there a program that could "record" this data for me 24-7?..what i mean is, a program that can record the time connected to the internet and when the INTERNET CONNECTION goes down?....thanks!

If your router has a logging function like my Linksys does, perhaps that would work.
Tom

patrickv

check the router settings, but like ovenmaster said it depends which router..
why not leave a continuous ping ? lol

brian

VIP Member
well i am using ask.com (yes lol they enable ping :)) so i thought i would be nice and have it burst.

Da Mail Man

If your router has a logging function like my Linksys does, perhaps that would work.
Tom

....i run a 4 port linksys wired router but, would rather not mess with it, and only install a program on my computer....today, my internet connection went down 6x's so far!....ugh!

Last edited:

Da Mail Man

check the router settings, but like ovenmaster said it depends which router..
why not leave a continuous ping ? lol

.....what i would like is to have a ping adjustable or continuous (whatever you people deem best) and have it somehow log the day-date-time the net connection went down and when it resumed.....