Internet connection

apesako

hi guys i just reinstalled windows on my computer and it seems i cant use the internet i called sbc they said u dont have internet interface card can someone help fix my internet. thank you.)

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
What the...? There is nothing called internet interface card.
Do you know the IP of the router?

Geoff

VIP Member
If it worked before, then you do have one, you most likely need to install the drivers for it.

If it's a prebuilt machine such as an HP or Dell, go to their website and look for a driver for your network card. If it's a custom built, go to the website of the motherboard manufacturer and download the network card driver (or called LAN driver for some companies).

Trizoy

VIP Member
BackView_Tower1.jpg

See the There are 7 slots which are long, but not tall.. Those are the slots I am talking about. Does your Ethernet card go into one of those slots?

Geoff

VIP Member
if u are talkin about internet then its a box its sbc.
Yes your modem is a "box" by SBC. But were talking about how you connect your modem to the computer.

Lets try this, is the cord that goes from the modem to the PC, near a lot of other connectors (USB mainly)?

chupacabra

Reformat your computer, even if is partially, because even if you install a new ethernet it won't resolve the problem, i know it cuz it has happen to me, btw backup all your data before doing the reformat with the hp recovery cd/dvd