Internet Connectivity Issues

GirlGamer

I'm not sure. I'm not very savvy with this. All I did was put in the router IP in my browser, it showed all the connections on the bottom of the page. If I tried to make any changes it would ask me for a validation code with a picture of the the location of the code on the main router in their house

Laquer Head

I'm not sure. I'm not very savvy with this. All I did was put in the router IP in my browser, it showed all the connections on the bottom of the page. If I tried to make any changes it would ask me for a validation code with a picture of the the location of the code on the main router in their house

If you got your own now, no need to worry bout anything else.!

Geoff

VIP Member
Can you take a screen shot? I haven't seen a router that shows that without logging in first. If the internet connection is fast enough, and the router is decent, 13 people shouldn't overload it to the point where it's unusable unless they are all torrenting like crazy.

beers

Staff member
Can you take a screen shot? I haven't seen a router that shows that without logging in first. If the internet connection is fast enough, and the router is decent, 13 people shouldn't overload it to the point where it's unusable unless they are all torrenting like crazy.
I think the standard ATT gateway gives you a 'general info' splash page, although if you want to dive into configuration items it requests either the password on the device label or one you had set yourself.

Geoff

VIP Member
I think the standard ATT gateway gives you a 'general info' splash page, although if you want to dive into configuration items it requests either the password on the device label or one you had set yourself.
I could see very basic information like number of users, but without knowing the password I don't believe you could find this out:
they have and there's about 12+ connections (excluding mine) with things like Ipads, Iphones, Chromecast and 1 laptop and computer.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I have a client that has a belkin N router and you can access it just by entering IP address and no login reguired, which I found quite odd. Hence another reason not to get Belkin routers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That is a lot of connected devices to an ATT router. That is definitely the issue. I'm also sure that the speed package they have isn't the best for so many users.