Internet Crashes - Windows 64-Bit

Daniel A-S

Hi.

I've been having this problem for some time now, where the internet seems to crash after an hour or so. The time scale varies, sometimes it will last for atleast a few hours, and others only about 20 minutes.

I've looked through the internet and this is what I've tried so far:

Disabled Autotuning
Disabled QOS
Disabled IP V6
Disabled both Link-layers
Bypassed the router
Disabled the DHCP broadcast flag in registry

And of course all the obvious things like updating NIC drivers, updating router firmware, resetting the NIC, uninstalling and reinstalling the NIC, unplugging and plugging the ethernet cable etc.

I've tried both a different computer and a laptop through this same connection using the same cable etc. and they work fine.

The only thing that I can do is restart the computer. However, what's strange is that things like MSN and windows mail still work. So only part of the connection crashes.

Anyone know what the problem might be?
Thanks.

----------------------------

Setup:

ASUS P6T MoBo - OnBoard Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E GBE NIC
6GB OCZ DDR3 Gold RAM
Pentium i7 2.66GHz
Windows Vista 64-Bit
Nvidia 250

Last edited:

Daniel A-S

No plugins out the norm, flash etc. When the internet goes down it goes down with both Firefox and all the Internet Explorers.

It seems to be a common problem when searching on google, however some of the things I tried were succesfull for some and not for others. But it all seems to be a bug with Windows 64-bit in particular.

Washrag

I had a similar problem as you are describing. I fixed it by downgrading my flash player to the newest build of version 9 (I think 10 is what they are on now).