internet explorer 7 and flash or java? :S not sure lol

dazbizkit

so, i got vista about 2 months ago. and recently when i try to watch a video on IGN.com or some other website, it tells me i dont have flash player 9 when i do. so i looked around the net and it could be related to Java or Flash (obviously), but ive tried a few things to fix it but it doesnt work.

how do you fix it?

PC eye

banned
The next step will probably be the active X controls. IE 7 has most of those disabled by default! That's Microsoft's new way of increasing security by disabling options that were enabled in IE 6. :rolleyes: That besides a few other items added make it a little harder for the average user while helping to keep more adware/spyware crap off of your system. When you change any "recommended" setting a flashing bar appears at the top of the IE window for clicking not to reset defaults.

codeman0013

Welcome to vista i have had this issue and the only thing that fixed it was to reformat it unfortuinately...

PC eye

banned
gEE i JUST DID A reforMat aNd thinGs WoN't reinStAll like they did at fIrSt. :eek: For some reason now Prey is looking for a file not even found on the installation dvd. That went right on with the first two installations of Vista here. IE 7 and other things like Java runtime and Quick Time always go right on without problems. You may have to lower the security settings in the control panel and IE 7 to see the runtime and flash player install.

If you changed anything in the advanced options of IE 7's properties reset the default settings. That hampered getting online on the second install of Vista here. I/m just wrapping the third now with both versions of XP on the other drives now finally included in the bcd manager but other things..? :confused: