Internet Explorer displays code...

daygowop

I have the same problem as this guy...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/mic...8537-ie-6-displays-code-instead-web-page.html

However, my files that are not working are .asp files. I open the asp file, with internet explorer, and it only displays the code, then upon refresh, it executes the code. I have tried to do the same thing this guy did to fix the problem (I deleted the asp entry in folder options), but it did not work. :mad:

Can someone please help me??? I have posted this in a few other forums and no one can seem to help me. I know someone on this forum can help!

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
You need a web sever to intrepret the code for you. Writing asp or php or any other server side code cannot be tested by dragging them into a browser.

daygowop

What if I set-up IIS to recognize it as a local website?

That is what I have been trying to do. In IIS, i have it set up as a local website, although i am not sure if i have it set-up correctly. The reason i say this is because i get an error.
"error '8002801c'
Error accessing the OLE registry."

When I omit the asp code, the website works.

daygowop

What if I set-up IIS to recognize it as a local website?

That is what I have been trying to do. In IIS, i have it set up as a local website, although i am not sure if i have it set-up correctly. The reason i say this is because i get an error.
"error '8002801c'
Error accessing the OLE registry."

When I omit the asp code, the website works.

Ok so I am pretty sure my IIS is setup correctly... Here is the code that is giving me an error...

<%
If Request("Reason")<> "" then
Response.Write "<p>&nbsp;</p>"
Response.Write Request("Reason")
End If
%>

Ok, I have tested to see if other asp code works, <% =date %>, and it does. That should mean that IIS is setup correctly, although I could be wrong. Here is the error...

error '8002801c'

Error accessing the OLE registry.

/iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 10

Can someone please help me to understand what is going on? I do not really even understand things like "request" and "reason" in the asp. Can someone provide a useful link that explains to me what asp actually does? Any help is appreciated!