internet freezes on some websites

SirKenin

banned
No, you're not the only one, that is for sure. I shit you not, I went to one location where they had four of them installed. You could barely view the webpage because the toolbars took up the majority of the screen. They brought the computer to it's knees and the clients were like "why is the computer so slow?" Well DUH. haha.

They can be nasty little buggers to get rid of, too. Jeepers.

PC eye

banned
The one at the link doesn't nail you royally like the Yahoo and Google toolbars that some downloaded freewares want to throw at you as well. For IE i can give a good reference on that one for being "Trouble Free". It goes on in seconds and takes nothing away from a system. I know several also using the earlier release to this day without ever seeing what some like WS have done. That one is free and has no browser hijacker crap in it either.

For FireFox I am trying out a custom made Google tool bar to see how that works out. Google is planning to release "their" version of one soon. That will probably be followed by Yahoo and other gradually with their adwares intact.

SirKenin

banned
I have no use for toolbars personally. In IE7 I have my Google search box, courtesy of Microsoft and that's all I need.

PC eye

banned
I have no use for toolbars personally. In IE7 I have my Google search box, courtesy of Microsoft and that's all I need.

The advantage with having a worthwhile tool bar is the combined search engines of more then just Google. Often you will find quite a bit more when the added Yahoo, ask.com, and a possible third reveal more web sites. That can be a plus when any site or information is hard to locate. Other then that I never originally wanted one on either.

PC eye

banned
I find most tool bars are just an opening for adwares and the like. But I run with this one since I get results on average when running an extended search. There are a few site you can go to in order to run searches without a need for a tool bar. But just like MSN they are usually limited to one engine.

camaro1185

the problem is fixed, i used hijack this and deleted mywebtoolbar, thanks for all the help it is very much appreciated.

PC eye

banned
Well now that you have the garbage bar off if you decide you still want one that works great in the U.S. anyway, http://infospace.abcnews.com/info.abcnws/tbar/ Despite the icon you can turn off the scrolling text and configure the buttons you want visible. The one posted earlier doesn't quite offer as much search power as this one. Both do include the added popup blocker and a list of other settings to choose from. Unfortunately it won't go onto FireFox! :( I had to custom make a Google bar there. So now I have to pull hair when seeing it. :eek: !