Internet problems

cwbuckley

New Member
I have a HP m9340f. This computer is running Vista, has a quad processor, 6mb ram. My problem is connecting to the internet. Once I am on, I get a lot of Server not found, server busy, address not found. When I click on the try again button, it usually connects after a try or two. I have ATT DSL. 3.0mb I am using a speedstream 1701 wireless modem. Don't know if the problem could have anything to do with my network settings or what. If anybody has any ideas I sure would like to hear from you. I have even tried to do HP chat, but have not been able to connect. Thanks in advance.
 
Is it just on this computer???

Is the computer wireless or wired??

P.S. - 6mb of ram?? :confused: i think you mean 6GB :P
 
Yes, you are correct it is indeed 6gb. These darn computers just don't type what they are suppose to. Anyway, problem solved. The problem in a nut shell, is I had both the wired and wireless enabled at the same time. Much better now. Thanks for your help.
 
Yes, you are correct it is indeed 6gb. These darn computers just don't type what they are suppose to. Anyway, problem solved. The problem in a nut shell, is I had both the wired and wireless enabled at the same time. Much better now. Thanks for your help.

that seems a little weird to me, I'm pretty sure I'm always running with both enabled...
 
All that I can tell you, is that I now have the wireless adapter disabled and there is a vast improvement in speed. No more error messages.
 
Back
Top