internet/router probles!!! aaaaaaaaaaaghtrhf

RoDDerz

im having problems with my net

(i have a zoon wireless router and a 3 meg connection, and the problem doesnt lie with my wireless receiver)

recently whenever i connect to the internet, sometimes it drops out for about a second and comes back. sometimes it says windows is unable to connect to the wireless network and i have to refresh the wireless router. usually these problems are when playing online games, recently me and my brother could both play wireless online without any problem, suddely we both get the "windows is unable to connect....." B*hit.

what is going on?? another thing i noticed is that after my net was upgraded by the lovely bt people from 1.5 meg to 3 my ping on games is higher!!?!

could this be the router dying (cos its over a year old) or bt's F*** up?

thanks

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Have you tried bypassing the router(assuming you could go with a wired connection for a bit) I have seen similar problems caused by routers. I our internet was dropping the connection for just a second... You really couldn't tell when going directly through the modem, but when a router was used, the connection would go down for about a minute every 30 minutes or so...

And if you're having problems connecting to your network, I don't see how you can say it's not your router... Unless it's an access point and the DHCP server is perhaps your modem, the router should control basically all things wireless. Even if you were to disconnect the modem(assuming DHCP and all is handled within the wireless unit) you'd still be able to connect to the network without a problem.

RoBo07

The option will be in either the network name section or the wireless security section in the configuration pages if the router supports manually changing the channel.

RoDDerz

yeh, ive tried that nothing, im making a new thread about this cos ive found out some more info about it