Internet/some games sys

Kristjan

I decided my first system I did put together was an overkill and that it's price will fall down too quickly and it won't be good investment.

So I want a cheap computer - a good monitor is a must have as it must be relatively silent... ! i did put together a under $1k USD system so let's see how you will do. ;)

Kristjan

i didnt mean that i need a good monitor for silent computer... i need a relatively silent computer with a good monitor. ;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
not intense but i want to try out all games... well some games online... like farcry.
You have a funny definition of "not intense" :D ... especially if you have farcry in the same sentence heehee

What voltage should I use with the 250 FSB with my 2,8C P4 northwood with hyper threading
Whatever you need to make/keep it stable.

I tried using 1,65 voltage but it still freezes. What is the voltage max for a P4?
Look in your BIOS or better yet, the manual. According the manual, p84, the max Vcore is 1.600

Would Arctic silver be better than the white goo that came with the Zalman?
Depends on what the white goo was but probably :)

CPU -- Athlon64-3200 (Winchester) [$190]
MOBO -- Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra939 (NF3U) [$100]
RAM -- Some standard memory (say Kingmax PC3500 or Corsair ValueSelect PC3200) [$140]
HDD -- Hitatchi 160GB 8MB 7200 SATA [$95]
HSF -- Tt Venus12/SilentboostK8 [$30]
CASE + POWER -- Whatever [$100]
VIDEO -- eVGA Limited Edtion GeForce6800 or the ASUS V9999GE .. yes I'm aware these are 6800s but they are not your average 6800s and can (for the most part) be softmodded very easily with far superior resutls after successful softmod compared to other 6800s [$325]

Net: $980USD

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Praetor said:
HDD -- Hitatchi 160GB 8MB 7200 SATA [$95]

a little off topic.. but is that a good HDD?.. I've been looking for an under-$100 HDD between 160GB and 250GB .. is that price from Newegg?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
a little off topic.. but is that a good HDD?.. I've been looking for an under-$100 HDD between 160GB and 250GB .. is that price from Newegg?
Drive is good. Price came out of my head, I cant buy from Newegg so I dont bother much :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. They dont ship to canada
2. Too expensive (ok maybe not tooooooooo expensive, but more expensive than local shops that ive got arrangements with and computer shows ... like the one last weekend :D)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I figured it was going to be an out-of-country reason.. ..makes sense...

Random thought:

Hey... Bush was up in your country giving a speech...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well yeah they dont ship to Canada ... nobody quite knows why (other then NewEgg i would imagine) but *shrug*

(lets stay on topic)

Blade

RT: where the hell is the netherlands?

I dont suggest playing farcry with the system named above...especially over net..got broadband?