Internet Speed & WINDOWS Bugs

ornilly

Well im having some problems with my computer and I hope you can help me out a bit.

1. I have 2 computers on my house, 1 pluged to the internet through cables
and one is wireless, they both supposed to be 10MB speed but when I ran
a speed test the computer with the wireless internet got only 5MB and the
other 1 got 10MB. what should I do? How can I solve this?

2.I noticed some weird files on my WINDOWS folder which I dont think
should be there, Im using AVG which says im safe, well I dont know really what to do,
I added a photo of the "weird" files in my WINDOWS folder.

computer1f.png
[/URL][/IMG]

(sorry if my english aint that good)

Thanks alot to the helpers!!!

wolfeking

banned
those are you windows files, the files that have all the information for windows in it. Do not touch them, doing so can seriously screw up your computer.

as for the speed test thing, it all varies. I get different results form test to test even on the same computer. It all depends on the ping (time it take to send data packet to server and then retrieve the same data packet), and that can very by the path taken to the server, and the server itself. I would test it 5 or 10 times and average the speeds that you are given. That will be the speed that you are getting from your wireless.

ornilly

those are you windows files, the files that have all the information for windows in it. Do not touch them, doing so can seriously screw up your computer.

as for the speed test thing, it all varies. I get different results form test to test even on the same computer. It all depends on the ping (time it take to send data packet to server and then retrieve the same data packet), and that can very by the path taken to the server, and the server itself. I would test it 5 or 10 times and average the speeds that you are given. That will be the speed that you are getting from your wireless.

(**those files seems weird because thier blue, which I never seem before and the fact that there weird things writne in them**)

Well I have chacked for few time, and its being showed in games, not only
on the test, ive download on both computers from same gamers account
games as Modern Warfare2, Black Ops and more and in the wireless computer the
games are full with lags and problems but at the other computer
which is not wireless and recieve a better internet speed runs the games
much better.

Its that I just cant play any Multi game in the wireless computer
cause of lags due to the poor internet connection which should be better(same as the non-wireless).
Again id be glad to here any sulotion or any way to figure this out,
Thanks!

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
They're just left over Windows update installers. It's better to just ignore them and leave them be.