Internet!SpEeD

TheOldMan

Does anyon eknow how to increase my Local Area Connection speed i get download only with 50kb/s and if i do speedtest it shows me 400kb/s! And im also sharing an internet! But its the same speed always even if they turn off the comp!

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
LAN speed has no bearing to the internet speed (unless you have +100Mbps internet, which you do not). If speedtest gives you 400 but your downloads are slow, I would wager a guess there's something up at the other end - whether it be slow, overloaded, or just bad servers. Some servers/download sites may also limit your download speed (rapidfail and failupload pop in my mind first, though I'm not sure how they're currently doing, I've had nothing to do with either for years).

Are you downloading from a website or are you using some kinda P2P/Torrents?

Geoff

VIP Member
First, downloading at 50KBps is correct, speed tests generally show you the connection speed which is 400Kbps (400Kbps / 8 = 50KBps). And as the two others have said, if you want faster download speeds you need to upgrade your internet connection, upgrading your network card / LAN speeds will not change that.

TheOldMan

Okay but my friend got a problem starting a Colin mcraer 4 error says: couldnt fiond any 3d graphics! i have downloaded the nvidia and ati drivers but got an error that someking software or hardware is not compatible with the driver or it has not found! SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH!

Geoff

VIP Member
Okay but my friend got a problem starting a Colin mcraer 4 error says: couldnt fiond any 3d graphics! i have downloaded the nvidia and ati drivers but got an error that someking software or hardware is not compatible with the driver or it has not found! SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH!
What video card does he have? You need to know that before you start download drivers.