Investing in an EXTREMELY expensive video card, like the NVIDIA Quadro P6000 or the Quadro M6000?

What would it take to justify spending such a large amount of money on a REALLY expensive video card like the NVIDIA Quadro P6000 or the Quadro M6000?

That's what I thought.

However, I was wondering if there was some sort of special circumstance that might inspire the prosumer or even a rich consumer to buy such an item.

Laquer Head

That's what I thought.

However, I was wondering if there was some sort of special circumstance that might inspire the prosumer or even a rich consumer to buy such an item.

The only reason for buying a Quadro card is for professional, business applications... now thats not gonna stop some rich person with more money than brains from buying one - some people just assume more $$ must mean better right..

Anyhow, we could speculate all day on why people do things but the bottom line is its a pro, work, business, CAD oriented card lineup meant for those applications.

Gaming cards on the flipside are for just that, gaming and are mostly a significantly lower price point.

I was thinking about video editing, especially rendering, in addition to gaming (with an emphasis on the terrain generator in Civ 6).

Would something like the GTX 1080Ti (with 11 gigs) be a better choice for such applications, or would a Quadro card (P6000 or M6000) provide better rendering, more speed, etc?

That's what I thought. It's just that the Quadros are so expensive, one would think that there would be some benefit of such an expensive product. I'm still learning about a lot of this stuff, so the Quadro cards intrigued me when I first saw how expensive they were.

However, it's the GTX 1080 TI that seems to be the card that excites everyone the most. It's easy to see why when you look at the numbers.

Laquer Head

That's what I thought. It's just that the Quadros are so expensive, one would think that there would be some benefit of such an expensive product. I'm still learning about a lot of this stuff, so the Quadro cards intrigued me when I first saw how expensive they were.

However, it's the GTX 1080 TI that seems to be the card that excites everyone the most. It's easy to see why when you look at the numbers.

I own one and its amazing.... and they are priced well for what you get!