IP incoming / outgoing control

newcomputer20

Hi,

I was looking for a specific piece of software which tracked incoming and outgoing IP traffic and blocked any which you didn't green light. I had a program like this a few years ago it had little green and red bars in the icon and was annoying as hell as it kept blocking things. But thats exactly what I want at the moment... can anyone help me find what it was called? Or maybe offer a better solution ?

I want something that records every incoming/outgoing IP and either logs or blocks. For windows 7/8 (and/or)

Thanks for the help.

newcomputer20

You know what I can't actually tell. It either looks so different that I don't recognise it or its a different program :p Nonetheless this will do nicely. Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would imagine any decent firewall should be able to do that. I used to use Zonealarm years ago and it was how you described. I do have one client that used it but I'm hardly there. Alerted you to every incoming IP and asked if you wanted to allow or deny or allow or deny programs access to the internet. As with any firewall though, it can be a pain to configure it correctly to allow network sharing.