iPad Alternative?

speedyink

VIP Member
P1030219.jpg

P1030212.jpg

Lol, alright, so it's just a 9" netbook with OSX installed on it. But, it's still more functional than an ipad :p

Last edited:

aviation_man

hahaha. Clever ;) You're right.. WAY more functional than the Ipad. They could've done something *actually* revolutionary if they made it more functional :p
Nice Ipad v2.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ipads are a ripoff...id much prefer to just get a Netbook and install OSX like that :p

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
<Referencing Post 1, saving you from the pictures>

I totally wish CF had a 'Like' button similar to Facebook :)

speedyink

VIP Member
on a serious note this is a slate device that looks quite good probably not gonna beat the ipad, its called the joojoo tablet

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobil...omputing/hands-on-joojoo-tablet-review-686729

It needs work still. If you could up the storage and install a desktop os it would be killer. Then you could put that ion to good use!

Ipads are a ripoff...id much prefer to just get a Netbook and install OSX like that :p

My point, though it lacks the touchscreen..so far.

<Referencing Post 1, saving you from the pictures>

I totally wish CF had a 'Like' button similar to Facebook :)

Haha, thanks

Honestly, for the price of some of these tablet things, I'd rather just get one of these and a WWAN card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220713

Needs an upgrade to Win7 HP though. :(

Especially if you put in a touchscreen :D

Last edited:

ganzey

banned
^^it says it is still planning on releasing with google android or something like that...only a matter of weks till it runs windows. or even another kind of linux

JlCollins005

id like to get my hands on a netbook just to mess with a touchscreen mod but looking at the cost of the touchscreen it might not come anytime soon

Ethan3.14159

^^it says it is still planning on releasing with google android or something like that...only a matter of weks till it runs windows. or even another kind of linux
The problem is that Windows is that the Atom is too slow and too power hungry for a full OS. They really should have used an ARM CPU and Android.

PabloTeK

The problem is that Windows is that the Atom is too slow and too power hungry for a full OS. They really should have used an ARM CPU and Android.

ARM plus Android would make for a tasty device. Seeing as well they have Web OS perhaps planting the UI on (like HTC do with their Sense UI) would make it an absolute killer of a device!

speedyink

VIP Member
id like to get my hands on a netbook just to mess with a touchscreen mod but looking at the cost of the touchscreen it might not come anytime soon

Just ordered mine last night. $71 shipped.

Even though many other netbooks can run full OSes. My opinion is that HP wanted to make a more customized experience, and running their own software over a full OS isn't ideal, especially for a portable device. Hence the switch to a lighter OS. I would be completely content using standard windows 7 with it's built in touch capabilities rather than some customized media based OS. Since I found out that it was cancelled I ordered my touchscreen for my eee. Not multi-thouch, but eh, it'll hold me over until someone finally releases a tablet I want.

Last edited:

JlCollins005

i was reading if you got the 1mm thick touch panel tons of people were saying the panel cracked within a week, i was reading this last night. but the 1.4mm makes the bezel bulge out