iPhone 5

Geoff

VIP Member
I seriously doubt 4g will be included. As mentioned, not all cities support it, and Apple has never embraced newer data technologies. Remember the first iPhone was using edge, even though 3g was available.
I know the original iPhone was Edge only, however that was when Apple was, for a lack of a better word, the best. With very little competition. Now with Android gaining ground fast, Apple can no longer play the safe game and they need to stay competitive to compete with Android.

DMGrier

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1686641 said:
I know the original iPhone was Edge only, however that was when Apple was, for a lack of a better word, the best. With very little competition. Now with Android gaining ground fast, Apple can no longer play the safe game and they need to stay competitive to compete with Android.

Android gaining ground fast? Don't know if you read but there are more Android cell phones sold each year to the iphone world wide, hell I remember last year when I went to Israel, Oman and Australia all I seen was Android in there cell phone stores. This is primarily due to the fact that every provider has Android and every major mobile device company sells a Android product giving people one thing Apple has never been able to offer and that is variety. Depending on what a consumer wants in either price, size, color, performance, cutting edge like cell phones having HDMI Android can provide were as Apple cannot.

apj101

VIP Member
activity in Apple's supply chain shows evidence of iPhone 5 production, and historically Apple has announced new models around this timeframe. it will be announced tomorrow.

Well, we are sure that the 4S is on the ticket (it leaked on the vodaphone website a while ago), but apple have never ever been able to get to a conference for the launch of a new phone without it having leaked first....and since we have no leak for the iPhone 5 then we may be disappointed.
Only 30 mins till we find out :)

the182guy

Android gaining ground fast? Don't know if you read but there are more Android cell phones sold each year to the iphone world wide, hell I remember last year when I went to Israel, Oman and Australia all I seen was Android in there cell phone stores. This is primarily due to the fact that every provider has Android and every major mobile device company sells a Android product giving people one thing Apple has never been able to offer and that is variety. Depending on what a consumer wants in either price, size, color, performance, cutting edge like cell phones having HDMI Android can provide were as Apple cannot.

+1 for this, I hadn't noticed but it is true there is no variety compared to Android.

apj101

VIP Member
looks like i was right
ps: never just anything from asia, they were making fake iphone 5 boxes for ages!

DMGrier

VIP Member
looks like i was right
ps: never just anything from asia, they were making fake iphone 5 boxes for ages!

Those knock off's are horrible, I know a guy who got a fake itouch from the Asian market and it would not have been half bad but running Android 1.7 which was nice in it's day but by today's standards garbage.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we are sure that the 4S is on the ticket (it leaked on the vodaphone website a while ago), but apple have never ever been able to get to a conference for the launch of a new phone without it having leaked first....and since we have no leak for the iPhone 5 then we may be disappointed.
Only 30 mins till we find out :)

looks like i was right

yeah, the supply chain info was from an article I read a month ago. It was probably just plain inaccurate. They were speculating about a larger screen, 4g chip - the works - and claimed purchase orders at a few Taiwanese suppliers as evidence.

Looks like I'm def gettin a droid here soon.

oh, and I certainly hope they're not selling the attenna fix as a "feature" lol

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Who makes the droid? Is it Motorola? I like the phones made by Samsung or LG.

yes, by droid, I meant an android variant. I'm leaning toward something by HTC actually. An yeah, motorola makes the droid.

tremmor

the one i have (about 2 wks now) is a Motorola MB860 Android what ever that means.
neat though. like toys. never had one like this. my adventure Mep. Not as advanced as you boys. i mean men.

lucasbytegenius

Well, no iPhone 5 this month :( iOS and the iPhone 4S will be out on October 12. Can't wait.
I want to kill the guy who decided that Siri would be a 4S-only service :angry:

CrazyMike

Well, looks like what i said originally was right.... go figure.... Just goes to show you, speculation doesn't get you anywhere. Cold hard facts is what is concrete. Don't believe an article that doesn't give you it's source, or any article that says one thing when there is no proof of it happening....

This totally sucks though, i was soooo excited to see the new iphone5. Guess wait till April 2012, same time they introduce all the other iphones, see what happens.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Don't know why you guys think they won't add 4g. Yeah, it's not in a lot of places, but it's growing rapidly. And like said, android makers are including 4g already so that's a feature that they have against apple and apple can't have that.

Also, yes iPhone sales are ahead. Yes there are more droids, but that's because everyone and their mother makes android phones. There is no single phone that sells more than the iPhone, and really the android variety isn't that great. It's kind of annoying. A new phone comes out every week that has one more feature than yours. With iPhone you only worry about that once a year.

Either way, I prefer Droid.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Well, looks like what i said originally was right.... go figure.... Just goes to show you, speculation doesn't get you anywhere. Cold hard facts is what is concrete. Don't believe an article that doesn't give you it's source, or any article that says one thing when there is no proof of it happening....

You HAD to do an "I TOLD YOU SO," didn't you? hahaha :p

you're right, though, can't believe everything you read, although, iirc, this was written by one of the more credible sites. Glad someone didn't buy into all the hysteria itt. :)

Last edited:

DMGrier

VIP Member
Don't know why you guys think they won't add 4g. Yeah, it's not in a lot of places, but it's growing rapidly. And like said, android makers are including 4g already so that's a feature that they have against apple and apple can't have that.

Also, yes iPhone sales are ahead. Yes there are more droids, but that's because everyone and their mother makes android phones. There is no single phone that sells more than the iPhone, and really the android variety isn't that great. It's kind of annoying. A new phone comes out every week that has one more feature than yours. With iPhone you only worry about that once a year.

Either way, I prefer Droid.

Actually if you look Apple is usually behind in the performance curve and they have been since the dawn of there time so it would come to no surprise if they did not use 4G only because someone who buys a iphone will buy it whether it is 3G or 4G.

Cell phones are like computers, there are a lot coming out but when you buy them as long as you buy a top of the line that is new it will be good for about two years. Look at Samsung, to each provider they release a new cell phone to each provider about every year or two so they can catch everyone doing the upgrades. Plus with your major Android phone you get the OS updates which are free and keep you current with the latest Android OS.

CrazyMike

You HAD to do an "I TOLD YOU SO," didn't you? hahaha :p

you're right, though, can't believe everything you read, although, iirc, this was written by one of the more credible sites. Glad someone didn't buy into all the hysteria itt. :)

LOL yaaaa.. sorry... at least im not sticking out my tongue lol

apj101

VIP Member
its easy to bash the market leader, its always the case. The reason apple wins out the market (aside from great branding) is because its sexy, fun, easy to use and above ALL else...it works...right out of the box...the key to the iphone/pod/pad is that they just all work right away. And 95% of users are looking for nothing more than that....think of your dad bashing the TV remote...users like this can not stand ANY config or setup stages...it has to be smooth sexy and seamless. No matter what you say Apple fit that gap very well.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Actually if you look Apple is usually behind in the performance curve and they have been since the dawn of there time so it would come to no surprise if they did not use 4G only because someone who buys a iphone will buy it whether it is 3G or 4G.

Cell phones are like computers, there are a lot coming out but when you buy them as long as you buy a top of the line that is new it will be good for about two years. Look at Samsung, to each provider they release a new cell phone to each provider about every year or two so they can catch everyone doing the upgrades. Plus with your major Android phone you get the OS updates which are free and keep you current with the latest Android OS.

They always went at their own pace because they had no real competition. People would buy their products cause there was no real alternate. But things change. Look at the ipad. First really successful tablet. People didn't have options so they just bought it. The motors xoom. Comes out and poses a threat to apples market so what do they do? They release the ipad 2 with nearly every feature the xoom had that the first ipad didn't.

Apple knows how to stay in the market. There is no reason they won't offer 4g. That'll expand the market to people looking for a 4g solution, and believe me, people want 4g.