iPhone 6 Predictions

Geoff

VIP Member
Who else is planning on watching the live stream of Apple's annual announcement tomorrow? What are your thoughts on the next iPhone? Will you be upgrading to the new iPhone?

As a long time Android user, I'm actually thinking about upgrading to the iPhone 6 if it's 4.7" in a small form factor, and it along with iOS 8 has some innovative features.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
It's rumored they're going to announce their wearable (iWatch, whatever) too! Definitely plan to tune in. Will they be streaming live via the Apple site? What time?

I am interested to see what the new phone is offering. The 5s was my first iphone and I lasted about 6 months before selling it for the G3. Maybe they will change things up enough to draw me back in.

Geoff

VIP Member
The event starts at 10AM ET, and you can stream is from their site but you need to use Safari.

spirit

Staff member
As a long time Android user, I'm actually thinking about upgrading to the iPhone 6 if it's 4.7" in a small form factor, and it along with iOS 8 has some innovative features.

Thought you were interested in Nokias?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unless they are going to price the new Iphone 6 more reasonably like everyone else..nope im not interested.

I dont like having to use proprietary cords and not being able to customize the experience. The phone is nicely built and the os seems stable. Stability in spite of customization I suppose.

Geoff

VIP Member
Thought you were interested in Nokias?
If they would hurry up and release something new, the latest one they have on my carrier is from the winter :/

Unless they are going to price the new Iphone 6 more reasonably like everyone else..nope im not interested.
The iPhone 6 is pretty much the same price as other high end headsets like the S5, Note 4, etc.

I dont like having to use proprietary cords and not being able to customize the experience. The phone is nicely built and the os seems stable. Stability in spite of customization I suppose.
I've had Android for several years after an iPhone 3G. I'm just bored with Android, it's all the same to me, I want to get something else for a change. I feel lost when someone asks me for help with iOS, as I rarely use it.

G80FTW

Its going to cost $5,000 and have a line 3 miles long at the apple store with people waiting to buy it. Thats all we can be certain of. :D

spirit

Staff member

Yeah I agree.

I wish they'd just launch the damn thing. I'm sick and tried about hearing about it - every time I've been onto the Daily Mail since the 5S came out there has been an article EVERY DAY speculating what the new iPhone 6 might look like. I don't really give a damn! Same as the last one is how it's going to look, which in turn was like the one before that, before that and before that. So what the new one might have a 4.7" screen? Most high-end phones had screens around 4.7" (maybe a bit less) several years ago and even my £100 Lumia 625 does.

You've got to hand it to Apple though, they are marketing geniuses. Nobody can deny that. People get so hyped up about their products to the point where they'll camp outside the launch venue 2 weeks before the thing gets launched. How sad is that?

I'm sure it will be a good phone and all, but as you can probably tell the hype around Apple's products really irritates me. I can't wait to read about what the iPhone 6S might look like for the next year of my life! :rolleyes:

If they would hurry up and release something new, the latest one they have on my carrier is from the winter :/
They have just released the 730, 735 and the 830. Assuming that the Icon is basically a US version of 930, you're not going to see another flagshhip Nokia for another year. Seems like Nokia's release cycle is slightly different to that of other manufacturers.

If you're still interested in a Windows Phone check out the Windows version of the HTC One.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff

VIP Member
They have just released the 730, 735 and the 830. Assuming that the Icon is basically a US version of 930, you're not going to see another flagshhip Nokia for another year. Seems like Nokia's release cycle is slightly different to that of other manufacturers.

If you're still interested in a Windows Phone check out the Windows version of the HTC One.
I already had an HTC One M8, I didn't care for the hardware, especially the camera.

salvage-this

Looking forward to watching it. Been thinking about switch to iPhone. I like Android, but I hate that I can't get a completely stock Android phone on Verizon. I know I can root, but I don't like messing with my phone all that much. I need it for business, so if I have stability and a few core applications that fit my needs I am good.

So far I have been pretty excited to see the final details on Sapphire Glass. From the demos that I have been seeing on YouTube it looks pretty impressive.

Anyone else running the Yosemite Beta?

Looking forward to watching it. Been thinking about switch to iPhone. I like Android, but I hate that I can't get a completely stock Android phone on Verizon. I know I can root, but I don't like messing with my phone all that much. I need it for business, so if I have stability and a few core applications that fit my needs I am good.

So far I have been pretty excited to see the final details on Sapphire Glass. From the demos that I have been seeing on YouTube it looks pretty impressive.

This is where I am at as well. As much as I could complain about he iPhone it does do stability well and I cannot handle rooting my android.

If this new version has a bigger screen it could be enough for me. I am eternally thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member

I was. But when I started over with my desktop I switched a larger SSD (that had Yosemite installed) and I haven't put the other SSD back in my Macbook yet. I didn't have any issues with it, but I didn't like that the GUI is now flat-looking like iOS.

salvage-this

This is where I am at as well. As much as I could complain about he iPhone it does do stability well and I cannot handle rooting my android.

If this new version has a bigger screen it could be enough for me. I am eternally thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

The current iPhone is too small for me to enjoy browsing the web. 4.7" should be decent though. I might as well give it a shot if I like the demo today.

I was. But when I started over with my desktop I switched a larger SSD (that had Yosemite installed) and I haven't put the other SSD back in my Macbook yet. I didn't have any issues with it, but I didn't like that the GUI is now flat-looking like iOS.

Yeah it took a bit to get used to. I like it now. I haven't had and compatability issues other than Apple configurator for iPads. Not a big deal for me. We have a few other Mavericks PCs that I can use.

Darren

Staff member
Salvage and Zepplin nailed exactly what I'm feeling. I loved my GS3 when I got it almost 2 years ago but now it's really starting to be a problem. The charging port is totally non functioning so I can never charge my phone or sync it. Also the battery life is absolute crap and I can frequently go through two batteries a day with moderate use. The brightness is too dim in sunlight (I can't even see it outside, have to shield it) and too bright at night (although an app fixed that). GPS is really inconsistent and has trouble locking a location.

Overall it's been getting pretty sluggish in opening stuff and even struggles to keep up with my typing sometimes. I'm sure the GS5 is considerably better, and the reviews I've seen suggest it is.

I don't know where I stand at the moment. The rumors I saw said the iPhone 6 will only have 1GB of RAM, which seems really low considering my 2 year old GS3 has 2GB.

Once it gets closer to upgrade time in Novemeber I'll have to to a store and check them both out.

PCunicorn

It seems kind of crazy to go with another Samsung after the issues you had with your S3? Personally I prefer to not go with Samasung if possible, since I have yet to see a properly functioning USB port on even a 8 motnth old Samsung.

I'm interested in the iWatch, it's the only reason I'm excited for this event. The iPhone 6? Yawn, it looks like a HTC One and iPhone 5 combined. iOS 8 is quite similar to iOS 7. A 4.7" screen will be nice, so it would probably he worth of a recommendation from me for to my relatives (only reason I don't reccomend the iPhoes is that small screen).