iPhone and amplifier

Squirrel93

This is pushing it a bit on a computer forum since I don't really use my speakers for my computer, but I thought that maybe someone here knows about this technical stuff anyway. Otherwise, please tell me about a forum where I can ask this question.

I know very little about stereos - but that's why I need assistance!

My dad bought a new amplifier today, since the old one was broken. The speakers are almost brand new as well. He connected them to the stereo, and playing music from a CD sounds great. My question is: if I want to play music from my phone, how do I go about it? Do I somehow connect the phone to the amp? I searched through some cables I had lying around, and found one with a 3.5mm in one end and 1 black and 1 red RCA in the other. Is there any way I can use it to connect the phone to the stereo, or do I need additional equipment? All the ports are red and white - does it matter that the cable is red and black?

Thanks for reading. Any help is appreciated!

linkin

VIP Member
Depends on the amplifier. Is it an older model or relatively new? Either way, the phone will technically be an input device, and you'll need a male 3.5mm to whatever the amp accepts as an input.