Iphone SE

Lisa518

The other day I was using my google maps. Every place there was a turn, it told me to go that way. I can't get it fixed. I have reinstalled it and that doesn't help. I relay on these maps all the time. Can anybody tell what I can do to solve the problem. I have called Google and they are of no help, can't even get them to answer. I would appreciate any feedback.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
A factory reset deletes everything on the phone itself. You can backup to iTunes before doing it and then restore the backup afterwards. Sounds more like a gps issue not Google maps. Have you tried using a different app? Might want to contact the local Apple store to see if they have had other issues with that.

Lisa518

Try it and see. I use google maps and have no issue on my android phone.
Thanks for your input. I have never had any issues with google maps until now. Someone told me to take if back to factory. I can't do this. I have text andd over 3000 pics. I can't loose this stuff.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I assume you aren't familiar with iTunes? That's how you backup your iPhone and restore in case of a crash which you need to think about seriously.

beers

Staff member
andd over 3000 pics.
iCloud would provide automatic backups for these as well, assuming you leverage that.