iPod Help

g4m3rof1337

I have an Older iPod, and I synced my iTunes Collection to it, from my Mac, and I want to import it to iTunes on my PC, but when I tried, Windows wanted me to Format it, since it came from a Mac, lol.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks.

Francisck

If you are trying to move all your music from your ipod to your itunes on another computer...well apple doesn't want it to be done

there are a couple of ways to do so but it's not recomended...

It want's you to reformat the ipod because the ipods hard drive is formated to work with an apple computer and not with a windows machine

Here is an article on how to take music from your ipod and put it on your computer:

http://www.engadget.com/2004/11/02/how-to-get-music-off-your-ipod/

Best Regards,
Francisco

epidemik

:D

Yeah, Id say just try ephpod + macopener

then if that doesnt work do all the BS in the article.

Oh, and when I did it, I had to reformat my iPod after I got the music off. Neither the mac nor the pc could recognize it in iTunes after i pulled the music using ephpod

There was also another program I used but now I cant remember the name of it.

g4m3rof1337

Hmph, the iPod isnt being recognized by Windows..

I tried to send my iTunes Folder through my Network, from my Mac to my PC, and I couldnt get the Password for my PC to access the Shared Network.

Any other ideas?

I tried using an External Hard Drive, but Mac wouldn't let me add anything to the drive, only look at it and the files it had.

Thanks.

Francisck

I tried to send my iTunes Folder through my Network, from my Mac to my PC, and I couldnt get the Password for my PC to access the Shared Network.

Any other ideas?

I tried using an External Hard Drive, but Mac wouldn't let me add anything to the drive, only look at it and the files it had.

Thanks.

The external is formated for windows that's why mac won't let put files on it

read the article and use the software on there

Best regards,
Francisco

epidemik

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Out of those, Id say your best bet is to reformat the external HD so it can be recognized by both mac and pc. I forget which type that is (NTSF?)...just do a quick google search.

Francisck

Out of those, Id say your best bet is to reformat the external HD so it can be recognized by both mac and pc. I forget which type that is (NTSF?)...just do a quick google search.

FAT32 i believe but that limits you to files that are 4gbs of data or less

g4m3rof1337

Yes, I downloaded the latest one.

I'll look into the External Hard Drive method. Can I transfer the Folder to my PC after I get them from the Mac on the External Hard Drive?

Thanks.

epidemik

Well, i think i changed my mind.

Im thinking over hte network would be best...depending on how much music youre moving. It can be kinda slow if you have a lot.

I can help you if youre running XP and OS X

g4m3rof1337

Its around 3GB of music. I am using OS X Tiger and Vista. I tried connecting to my Desktop from Mac, by clicking the Name, and a screen popped up with the Workgroup, Name, and Password, the Workgroup and Name were already filled in, I tried entering the Password and it said something about the Alias, and gave me the option of Deleting it or Fixing it, then an OK button.

Thanks.

epidemik

The Windows PC doesn't, it pops up and says this USB device isn't recognized.
...and prompts you to reformat?

Yes that makes sense if its formated for a mac. THats what its programed to do.

Only 3GB you could burn a data DVD

or

On mac (Im on 10.4 so it may be slightly different), go to preferences --> Sharing. Under the tab with all the boxes, enable windows file sharing. At the bottom it will tell you your ip/the address you need to know. Then, you may need to click a button somewhere to add a user.

Then go to windows (again, I use xp so this may not work). Open a window and type the address i mentioned above (for example, mine is //192.168.1.100/jake ) Then a box pops up and asks you to input name and password. Then, if it worked, you should have access to the files on your mac.

Make sense? (probably not lol)

cohen

Idea - Reformat it on the mac and then go to windows and do it,

Also - how old is the ipod?

cohen

He needs to transfer the music as well as have it be recognized...

ok - well..... i'm not sure what he do all i can think of is when it is on the mac.... use it as a drive and copy the whole lot which is on the IPOD and then reformat it.