ipod program?

im looking for some sort of program to upload the songs off my ipod. i got a new hard drive and i lost all my songs but i still have then on my ipod. my friend said that theres this program to upload them and save them to your computer again. is this true? whats this program?

mrgeorgedude

The_Other_One said:
Don't the ipods work just like any other external drive?

no they dont...they dont let u upload music typically, so u do have to get a program to upload them back to ur comp...

i used to use one, so ill look around cuz i forget the name of the program

Dr Studly

banned
i think EphPod does it...
i knew the name of one but i forgot... you can find out at www.ilounge.com somewhere i am sure... anything you need to know aobut iPods you can go there, i think it is a very helpful site

Dr Studly

banned
mrgeorgedude said:
no they dont...they dont let u upload music typically, so u do have to get a program to upload them back to ur comp...

i used to use one, so ill look around cuz i forget the name of the program
actually yes they do! but it is really hard and not worth it

ur music is stored on ur iPod in a hidden folder and it is very badly organized... the tracks have names like "583ff93" and the folders have names like"F73"
it is a maze so you can't figure out how to take them off you iPod...it is best to get a program

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Yeah, I checked again, iTunes will automatically pick up an iPod when it gets connected and then you can browse the entire library contained on it. So, just hook up the iPod and then copy the music back over... Have fun! ;)

it doesnt work like that.... this message comes up saying that the ipod was connected to a different library as its "default library" and if you click yes it swpies all the music off and puts the songs you have in itunes on your ipod.... and if you click no the songs are in that gray color where there stationary and they cant be moved or touched. so.... can i get a name for the program?

jjsevdt

hmmm ... My Iaudio X5 lets me use it as an external hard drive and keeps the music organized in the folders I put it in. Perhaps not giving Steve Jobs my $270 was the best decision I've made thus far.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
noissesboyobyalp said:
it doesnt work like that.... this message comes up saying that the ipod was connected to a different library as its "default library" and if you click yes it swpies all the music off and puts the songs you have in itunes on your ipod.... and if you click no the songs are in that gray color where there stationary and they cant be moved or touched. so.... can i get a name for the program?

Ah, ok, that's probably what I was missing! Thanks for letting me know, I haven't tried to hook mine up to another computer :).

Uh-oh, now I better figure out another way to keep all that music backed up somewhere... :(