Ipod Question

soccerdude

Hi guys,

I just received a new Ipod Nano and I a question about it. Do I have to register my Ipod?

Also I received a gift card and I would like to redeem what is on it for music.
Even if I use this gift card do I have to fill in all the fields such as my address?

Thanks

Connor.S

I've had a few new iPod's and I havent once registered one. Im not sure what the registering does, but you may need if you plan on buying your music through itunes and what not.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Hi guys,

I just received a new Ipod Nano and I a question about it. Do I have to register my Ipod?

Also I received a gift card and I would like to redeem what is on it for music.
Even if I use this gift card do I have to fill in all the fields such as my address?

Thanks

Apple says that if you do not register your iPod the limited warranty is still available. They say that it is easier for them to find your iPod if you register.

When you go to purchase anything from the iTunes Store you will need to create an Apple Account which has nothing to do with the registration.

prob just a way THE MAN can track you down
wtf?

You have never heard of that saying?

"THE MAN" usually refers to the government. In this case it means having a large corporation watching over your every move to keep track of what you do to be potentially used against you in the future.

TFT

VIP Member
"THE MAN" usually refers to the government. In this case it means having a large corporation watching over your every move to keep track of what you do to be potentially used against you in the future.

Yea, like in the UK if you buy a television or a computer TV card. You have to give your house address, this is forwarded to the licencing people so that the MAN can check you out.

TFT

VIP Member
You'd like the man to check you out wouldn't you, Dave? lol

Danny :mad: I admitted that in a private message, you said you would'nt tell anyone. :eek:

A scene from Liverpool, is that you on the left Danny ?

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, like in the UK if you buy a television or a computer TV card. You have to give your house address, this is forwarded to the licencing people so that the MAN can check you out.

what if you lie? and give a fake address,fake name etc:D

anyways :D

TFT

VIP Member
what if you lie? and give a fake address,fake name etc:D

anyways :D

I tried that once but the warranty had the fake address on it, luckily it did'nt go wrong. :D

Apologies Soccerdude for wandering off topic :eek:

Last edited:

Caminokid

I just got a iPod touch. I noticed when I went to the google map thing that it can pin point right where you are. The first thing I said... Was that the MAN can find right where you are if you have one of these things. This has been sent from my iPod. Now the MAN can find me! LOL!