Ipod Touch Tips?

Kornowski

VIP Member
I got an Ipod Touch for my B'day, you guys know of anything that's cool to do on it?

How to get games or something?

Thanks! :D

patrickv

well not that this is helpful or anything but i'm also trying to get games on my nano, i saw some music trivia quizzes on apple.com but that requires purchase !!
so yeah we're in the same boat, any one know a free site for Ipod games ??

Kornowski

VIP Member
Thanks man! :)

I don't really want to void the warranty though :eek:

Also, My Album art doesn't allways show up on the Ipod?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Jailbreaking a Touch isn't as easy as it sounds. I tried and failed.

I'm just waiting for the developers to get their hands on the SDK and get free apps from them.

As for album artwork, make sure the file from iTunes has the artwork, and then add that one on the touch. Otherwise, if no artwork is found, a music not will appear (When unlocked) or your main wallpaper will show (if locked).

And as for a case, I highly recommend the Griffin "iClear". It's really nice! The only downside is trying to get the clear screen protector on without air bubbles/dust being caught underneath.

Enjoy your Touch!

EDIT: I followed the instructions on the link above and was successfully able to upgrade to a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPod. Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Right, I'm on the touch right now.
What exactly does the jailbreak do to your Ipod, is there nothing that I can put on it, without voiding the warranty?
This is really cool that I'm on the Internet on this thing!

Impulse666

It allows you to put programs and homebrew apps on your ipod touch or iphone. as of now you have to "jailbreak" it in order to do so, whereas in a couple weeks you'll be able to do it effortlessly through itunes. i'd just wait.

Kornowski

VIP Member
It allows you to put programs and homebrew apps on your ipod touch or iphone. as of now you have to "jailbreak" it in order to do so, whereas in a couple weeks you'll be able to do it effortlessly through itunes. i'd just wait.

oh, that sounds cool! Do you have a link to any info about it please?
I guess Apple clicked onto people doing it and thought they'd do it themselves...

I have the 8GB model, it's plenty for me :D

wiwazevedo

jailbreaking is actually easier than it sounds
yes, you are voiding the warranty but you arent actually changing any of the hardware so you can just "virginize" your ipod if u want apple to help you

just go to jailbreakme.com on ur ipod and do it!

i saw a previous post with some dood talking about the sdk comin out
here's wats goin down

the ppl doin the jailbreak thing are holdin off on a new jailbreak to wait for the sdk to come out so apple can't do anything about the hack. in otherwords, there is a temporary jailbreak for 1.1.3 but id suggest holding off on jailbreaking your ipod until after the sdk comes out and along with it the new jailbreak.

if you are at 1.1.3 now and you would like to jailbreak it i'd suggest downgrading your firmware to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 then jailbreaking it.

wiwazevedo

when the sdk comes out apps arent going to be pouring into itunes to be downloaded. most likely you wont be offered access to the terminal, you wont be able to use php or perl which would be pretty much essential if you are looking to do things that arent allowed to be discussed on this forum from your ipod. if you are ok with waiting a couple of months to get a decent list of progs for your touch from the developers, I wouldnt jailbreak.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Ok then, I'll wait for Apple to do it themselves, that sounds better ;)

Will I have to pay for these things when they come out?

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Ok then, I'll wait for Apple to do it themselves, that sounds better ;)

Will I have to pay for these things when they come out?

If Apple distributes them, probably. But still, Jailbreaking it is a lot better than having a boring system. The walk through posted on the first page easily tells you how to do it. If the jailbreaking doesn't suit you, then you just restore the ipod to factor condition and it's just like new.

wiwazevedo

If Apple distributes them, probably. But still, Jailbreaking it is a lot better than having a boring system. The walk through posted on the first page easily tells you how to do it. If the jailbreaking doesn't suit you, then you just restore the ipod to factor condition and it's just like new.

amen

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Apple won't be releasing a jailbreak. They'll be releasing apps that ARE supported by the Touch, like their recent update on the iTunes Store. You can buy the mail, notes, maps, stocks, etc. apps that are available for the iPhone for the iPod now.