iPod Touch

joebob1235

hey everybody. i just recently got a third gen iPod touch,
i was wondering if theres any recommendations from anybody app wise and just ipod wise. also, should i jailbreak it??

brian

VIP Member
why? jailbreaking is the best thing ive done with my touch

Agreed, jailbreaking it is like giving itouch developers a big hug :p because you can use their applications and make them feel wanted. So yes, I would recommend doing it

ganzey

banned
its not just about getting apps for free, its also so you can run open source apps created by people like you and me

ScottALot

I don't like jailbreaking because you have to Sync your iPod (at least mine) a lot to keep it from going all awry and not letting you download 'legal' apps.

ganzey

banned
I don't like jailbreaking because you have to Sync your iPod (at least mine) a lot to keep it from going all awry and not letting you download 'legal' apps.

never had this problem, u must have done something wrong. the only bad thing about jailbreaking is the startup time if you do a hard reset

ScottALot

Naw, I did the generic, I had like 3 people tell me how to do it and they were all the same. My iPod is refurbished, that may be the problem. (It was supposed to be an 8GB for 100$, but they gave me a deal and accidentally gave me a 16GB so it was 16GB for 85$ :D)

ScottALot

I think Apple apps will find out that your iPod is jailbroken and try to hinder your App Store and iTunes abilities... that's what happened to me.

joebob1235

hey everybody, i was just wondering if the ipod is suppposed to automatically disconnect from wifi when i lock it cuz thats whats happening and im pretty sure it didnt happen before... anyway, any feedback would be great

brian

VIP Member
hey everybody, i was just wondering if the ipod is suppposed to automatically disconnect from wifi when i lock it cuz thats whats happening and im pretty sure it didnt happen before... anyway, any feedback would be great

I think it does, it would use alot of power if it didnt do that

joebob1235

thats odd cuz im pretty sure that before, whenever i locked the ipod i could still receive messages while it was locked

bengal85

dont forget there is always ESPN apps and the Facebook app I dont have an ipod touch I do want one though I have friends that have them and they say that the ESPN and facebook apps are cool

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Lets keep jailbreaking out of the conversation. It violates Apple's terms and conditions and voids the warranty (which has been known to come in handy with electronics of this generation...).