Is an anti-virus important? Or firewall enough?

pokemon87654

I only have windows firewall and one spy ware program, just don't be stupid and click on things you should click on, and I've been fine since then

tlarkin

VIP Member
I take latin. The word is not viri, it is virii. And like i said, there is no actual pluralization from the original word. Both virii and viruses are correct.

well then you can take it up with the professors and linguists that publish the dictionaries, since virii is not in there. In fact the only people who recognize virii as a word are people on the internet. It is associated with "leet" speak.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/virus

At the most it could be considered slang.

SirKenin

banned
Well, according to www.sirkenin.com, virii is legitimate. So there. :p

Actually, virii is jargon amongst hacker circles and as mentioned, I guess it is "leet speak" on BBS' (now this is going back a few years).

Officially, the accepted pluralized form is viruses.

It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks though...

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
yeah, off topic a bit, but I have a domain as well and need to develope my webpage one of these days. I just haven't got the time, studying for my tiger server cert right now......

anyways, layered protection is what you need for best security

PS - i know you were kidding, so was I:cool:

David_UK

Hi Curious girl

A couple of years ago I had an email from my brother (a reliable source one would think). My antivirus blocked it but my brother's PC never recovered from the virus and was reformatted. He never even knew he had the virus until way after it had sent itself to me.
He and I had the same antivirus software. My definitions were up to date, his were not.