Is Call of Duty WaW any good?

jeremyp

Ok so I recently got an X360 and some cool games, clocked them all now.I got COD 4 for $50 and loved it! Is Cod WaW as good? are there any downfalls? Are the weapons as good? I dont want to waste $70 on a game that I dont like. Thank for any comments

lexmark

$70!!:eek: dayem it's been a while since i've bought a game for console... that is ridiculous!

I bought the pc version for $50 and enjoy it more than cod4. I find single player wasn't as good but multiplayer is even better than cod. Having a pack of dogs chasing you while you're dodging artillery and gunfire can be quite hectic:D

The weapon skins are well done and they can all be upgraded after unlocking a few items, I only play hardcore servers and every last weapon can drop a player with vere little effort:good:

russb

I hated it when i got it but now i like it.Some of the maps are a bit crap being to small as said by Lexmark online is better.So if you like to play online well worth the money.

PohTayToez

I definitely think it's a good game. I found the single player considerably more enjoyable that Modern Warfare, and playing through it in online Co-Op is pretty fun as well. As for the standard multiplayer, I found myself going back to Modern Warfare after about a month. I would say that COD4's maps and weapons provided faster, more exciting gameplay than WaW's. On the other hand, Nazi Zombies is almost worth the price tag alone.

Ac3

If you're a serious MP gamer, don't buy it, as once you get into high level HC SnD matches all people use is the Gewehr with GLs and it becomes not fun anymore.
The 1P campaign is about same as CoD4's. Co-op is ok. Pretty much the only thing I enjoyed more than CoD4 in WaW is Nazi Zombies. Which also got boring once you knew all the tricks and used glitches to get up into the late 20s and early 30s in level, every time.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think its a good game,But once you have compleated single player,and reached lvl 65 in multiplayer there realy isnt anything else to aim towards and it gets boring.

Its teh same for COD4 though,if they released more maps,higher ranks when then unlocks more new weapons then it would be realy nice.

Im hoping the new COD is more like battlefield,big maps....fly jets and has tanks,jeeps,choppers,planes.

everything the real army would have :)

Aastii

VIP Member
It is ok but i wish i hadn't bought it now to be honest.

I got it on steam about a month ago when it was the weekend deal and having loved cod4 i thought it would be very very good.

It isn't bad, but 1p is a million times better than 4 i think. CoD4 has tonnes of replayability, but WaW gets boring really fast i think, unless you are on a couple of maps, castle or outskirts for example.

My opinion; save your money and wait until 10th november and get modern warfare 2

jeremyp

Thnx for the comments, I asked my friends the same Q. today and they told me that they preferred modern warfare guns because it is modern not olden style like it is ind cod 2/ WaW. I prefered the weapons in cod 4 compared to cod 2 so I think i will just pre order modern w.2 :) plus another Q. - How do you write down something so it will come up automaticaly every time you post/comment something. Just like Nevakonza has done as you can see his comp. specs come up. automatically. Thank for the comments.

jeremyp

I think its a good game,But once you have compleated single player,and reached lvl 65 in multiplayer there realy isnt anything else to aim towards and it gets boring.

Its teh same for COD4 though,if they released more maps,higher ranks when then unlocks more new weapons then it would be realy nice.

Im hoping the new COD is more like battlefield,big maps....fly jets and has tanks,jeeps,choppers,planes.

everything the real army would have :)

Do you mean battlefield: Bad company? my friend told me that the grenades had a smily face on them and when you throw it you rip the smily face tag off it, it looks like a pretty good game, I'm considering getting it down the track.

Cameldude

Good Game, But if you enjoyed CoD 4, wait for CoD 6 or Modern Warfare 2, continuing from the CoD 4, so it would be prety good, so save up. And why are you saying such over priced price, amazon sells it for $50,

If you like any of call of duty, this one you will like (the world at war), weapons old, as it is again gone back in time, not modern.

Hope it helps with your choice

Glliw

I just got it for free with the graphics card I purchased for PC and I gotta say, its pretty mind blowing to me. I had played it on 360 before and thought it was shit, but the PC graphics just really made things amazing to me. COD4 will always be better to me though.

Cameldude

i just got it for free with the graphics card i purchased for pc and i gotta say, its pretty mind blowing to me. I had played it on 360 before and thought it was shit, but the pc graphics just really made things amazing to me. Cod4 will always be better to me though.

agree

Aastii

VIP Member
Thnx for the comments, I asked my friends the same Q. today and they told me that they preferred modern warfare guns because it is modern not olden style like it is ind cod 2/ WaW. I prefered the weapons in cod 4 compared to cod 2 so I think i will just pre order modern w.2 :) plus another Q. - How do you write down something so it will come up automaticaly every time you post/comment something. Just like Nevakonza has done as you can see his comp. specs come up. automatically. Thank for the comments.

if you mean like i have "tatoo"stan, it is a signature. To set one do this:

Click your name in the top right.

You will see just above the main section with your messages on the bar it says user cp, click that and then click edit signature on the left.

I thinl, but i am not certain, that this link will take you straight to your control panel (cp) http://www.computerforum.com/usercp.php

jeremyp

Good Game, But if you enjoyed CoD 4, wait for CoD 6 or Modern Warfare 2, continuing from the CoD 4, so it would be prety good, so save up. And why are you saying such over priced price, amazon sells it for $50,

If you like any of call of duty, this one you will like (the world at war), weapons old, as it is again gone back in time, not modern.

Hope it helps with your choice

In Australia all of the games are way overpriced, I wish they were as cheap as america. When a brand new game comes out here it is usually $120 on x360, ps3, $100 on pc.

Aastii

VIP Member
In Australia all of the games are way overpriced, I wish they were as cheap as america. When a brand new game comes out here it is usually $120 on x360, ps3, $100 on pc.

would it not be cheaper to import it because those prices are insane?

trapar

I also recieved this game with my graphics card and all I have to say is that multi-play beats single player mode unless it's co-op.

headshots

Umm...

Well I don't own it but I have played it and compared to cod4 'I' think it is really Bad.
If I were you I would wait for Call of duty modern warfare2

The Best thing about Cod5 is the zombie mode
Now that is AWESOME I mean One of the best things i have played for a while. (Youtube It)

Last edited by a moderator:

jeremyp

Well I don't own it but I have played it and compared to cod4 'I' think it is really Bad.
If I were you I would wait for Call of duty modern warfare2

The Best thing about Cod5 is the zombie mode
Now that is AWESOME I mean One of the best things i have played for a while. (Youtube It)

Yeah I'm preordering modern warfare 2 in about a month cant wait for it.