Is Direct X a SCAM??

Is Direct X a Sham?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If my "ideologies" (lol) aren't true, then disprove them. You are being a hypocrite by just saying "you're wrong". Don't support Microsoft is your solution? Do you live under a rock? Its the best OS for gaming hands down that Linux crap can't measure up. You get SOME games with UNIX distros but not all. Even then you get them much later when they get ported over.

wolfeking

banned
Do you not understand how economics works? If you don't like what they do, don't support them. Bitching about it on the net will net exactly 0 besides making an ass of yourself.

And no, I don't live under a rock. I live in Stokes County, NC, USA. If you have a problem with it, too bad.

Linux is far superior to windows. So if you don't agree, then I have nothing more to say to your inferior ideologies.

Do you not understand how economics works? If you don't like what they do, don't support them. Bitching about it on the net will net exactly 0 besides making an ass of yourself.

And no, I don't live under a rock. I live in Stokes County, NC, USA. If you have a problem with it, too bad.

Linux is far superior to windows. So if you don't agree, then I have nothing more to say to your inferior ideologies.

Yes I understand economics dip shit. Do you understand what a monopoly is kid? There are no alternatives that offer all the same features. Going UNIX cuts you off on so many things I couldn't begin to list them. Are you that thick in the head, its not better than Windows. They have their pros and cons neither is above the other. You are a condescending punk teenager with nothing but rampant stupidity to add to this thread, be gone.

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
1. As long as Apple, Unix, and Linux are available m$ is not a monopoly.
2. In that case, that you think neither is above the other, I will be happy in Linux far after windows has bit the dust as it should have in the early 80s.
3. Stupidity, that is what you have been spreading a long time. Harken back to your responces in 2011 of "intel is always better".
Intel however, always delivers gaming performance. .
just in case you don't remember.

1. As long as Apple, Unix, and Linux are available m$ is not a monopoly.
2. In that case, that you think neither is above the other, I will be happy in Linux far after windows has bit the dust as it should have in the early 80s.
3. Stupidity, that is what you have been spreading a long time. Harken back to your responces in 2011 of "intel is always better".
just in case you don't remember.

Dumbass I know its extremely hard for you to get it but atleast try. Microsham isn't a full monopoly they are a "soft"" monopoly. Apple provides computers with relatively limited functionality at an outrageous price. While free distros are also limited adn lack many features of Windows. For many computing needs and vast compatibility there is no alternative to Windows. If Linux, being free, could do everything that Windows can it would've already taken over. But it can't so it hasn't, a simple concept that seems to be way over your head.

I never said "intel is always better" nut case. "Benchmarks prove that i3-2100 destroys quad phenoms in terms of gaming but it worse for video editing and stuff" Now there is a real quote and I was right, the cheaper dual core can easily match more expensive quad phenoms.

"Consider this an i5-2300 and a phenom ii x4 975 cost the same (around 180) but the i5 wins in terms of performance. This is based on REAL benches not synthetic. Intel vs AMD tests that are done measuring FPS in real world games prove that the amd's got smoked at the SAME price point." There's another quote and going to Anandtech will verify my claim.

You are the one that can't remember.

Arrogance and retardation by themselves are annoying, in your case the combination is extremely irritating. Please leave this thread you naive kid.

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
I am going to bet very soundly one one of two things. Either you have never used linux, or you have only tried it back in the early 2000s when it was still a baby. Linux is strait off easier to use, more compatible, less costly (not buying the OS cost, the cost to keep it running. So cost of antivirus, tech support cost, not to mention the cost of all the apps you use, like Office and the like), and easier to use.
99% of people read comments like yours, saying that linux can not do what windows can do, which is false, and that it is not as easily compatible (also false), and that it is difficult to use, and they don't try it. If people had a brain and were not sheep being herded by Bill gates and his unpaid goons, then linux would be much bigger than it is.
And back to the DX issue, why were you saying its a scam? You pay for the use of the OS. That means they can hand it to you any way they want to. If you don't like it, then they do not have to change it. If you ran a open source system (linux and Unix), then if you did not like it, you could fix it yourself, or hire a programmer to fix it for you. No need to wait on windows to get off their arse and do something useful (which is generally a 2+ year wait).

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Unix,Linux and Windows are all good if you ask me.
And it's up to a individual to choose his/her/their favorite operating system and use it.

Honestly I spend more time in making software with which I earn a lot of money rather than complaining that this or that or that is a scam lol.
Because there is nothing you can do about it.But what you can do is to rather spend time in let's say learning programming and then one day make a great software and sell it MANY times and earn a lot of money on it from which you can then have a great life without even having a job and listening to your stupid bos(es). ;)

It's funny though...many people complain that Windows sucks,but then again they use Windows to write that here on this forum and other places lol.;)
Same goes for Linux.;)

...and M$ in my opinion has be an arse of a company since XP launched. 2K was the last good one in my eyes.

I kinda agree with you lol.
And when I think a little bit more,I have a feeling like Microsoft has started taking control of our computers with new operating systems starting from Vista and especially 7.Just take DRM as an example lol.
So yes in my opinion XP was that last great OS they made.
I wish they make one like that again with the support of new let's say...DirectX versions.

But then again to me all Windows operating systems are good.All of them have their advantages and disadvantages.
Nothing is perfect.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
So you think that AMD & NVIDIA code their drivers for an API that doesn't yet exist and then Microsoft makes it? I'm sorry but that's just not the way it works, its impossible to go backwards like that. The video game industry and hardware manufactures follow Microsoft's API layout. They can't code for something that has yet to be developed. The GPU makers benefit greatly from this whole DirectX shenanigans. They cut out support for the latest versions of the API and their older hardware to force upgrades not unlike Microsham and their OSes. It makes more sense for the game devs to use Direct Since it supports PC gaming and Direct-X Box (XBOX). Without it all the have left is PlayStation (whose own API is better than OpenGL) and the abomination that is Nintendo Wii.
No, I think AMD/ATI and nVidia code their drivers to the API spec, but do you think that Microsoft goes into a room and decides what to build into DirectX all on their own? Take tessellation for example, nVidia has a big write up about it and how great it is http://www.nvidia.ca/object/tessellation.html.

I am going to bet very soundly one one of two things. Either you have never used linux, or you have only tried it back in the early 2000s when it was still a baby. Linux is strait off easier to use, more compatible, less costly (not buying the OS cost, the cost to keep it running. So cost of antivirus, tech support cost, not to mention the cost of all the apps you use, like Office and the like), and easier to use.
99% of people read comments like yours, saying that linux can not do what windows can do, which is false, and that it is not as easily compatible (also false), and that it is difficult to use, and they don't try it. If people had a brain and were not sheep being herded by Bill gates and his unpaid goons, then linux would be much bigger than it is.
And back to the DX issue, why were you saying its a scam? You pay for the use of the OS. That means they can hand it to you any way they want to. If you don't like it, then they do not have to change it. If you ran a open source system (linux and Unix), then if you did not like it, you could fix it yourself, or hire a programmer to fix it for you. No need to wait on windows to get off their arse and do something useful (which is generally a 2+ year wait).

Lol. Linux has grew in compatibility over the years? Shocking! You still just don't get it. Microsoft is still far more compatible. Linux is catching up to older games but not the newest ones. And sure eventually it will get those too but then even newer ones will come out. Point is Linux is always gonna lag behind Windows as long as it is has a smaller user base. You Linux zealots can't tell the difference between an improving OS and a complete one. Its just as compatible as Windows currently is? Lol, thanks for the laughs. I guess I'll play one of my favorite games BF3 on linux then, on wait its not compatible DOH! A don't get me started with that WINE software which makes your games lag like theres no tomorrow unless you have a stupidly fast computer.

You really think I'd be on Windows if all the nonsense you are touting was actually true? Both OSes have their pros and cons. Most Linux users I know at least admit that UNIX distros have many setbacks and aren't in denial such as yourself.

wolfeking

banned
Lol. Linux has grew in compatibility over the years? Shocking! You still just don't get it. Microsoft is still far more compatible. Linux is catching up to older games but not the newest ones. And sure eventually it will get those too but then even newer ones will come out. Point is Linux is always gonna lag behind Windows as long as it is has a smaller user base. You Linux zealots can't tell the difference between an improving OS and a complete one. Its just as compatible as Windows currently is? Lol, thanks for the laughs. I guess I'll play one of my favorite games BF3 on linux then, on wait its not compatible DOH! A don't get me started with that WINE software which makes your games lag like theres no tomorrow unless you have a stupidly fast computer.

You really think I'd be on Windows if all the nonsense you are touting was actually true? Both OSes have their pros and cons. Most Linux users I know at least admit that UNIX distros have many setbacks and aren't in denial such as yourself.
1. I run BF3 using WINE emulator in Linux. Your argument there is invalid.

2. Linux is far more compatible. Hell, show me a single windows OS in the last 10 years (not windows 8, it just got around), that can use the same exact OS on everything from an ARM based phone, to an Xbox, to a core i7 desktop, and run flawlessly on all of them. You will never find a one. There are dozens of distros that have been doing just this for years.

3. Wine does not lag once properly set up. And that is running it on a Core 2 Duo T7700 and a Nvidia NVS135m, far from the fastest, even in its hayday.

4. Linux and Unix are not the same thing. Your stupid for even saying that. You can not be in denial for using a competitors OS. Unix was around first and was a inspiration of linux. If to you that makes linux a Unix, then hell all Chevys are FORDs by the same argument.

1. I run BF3 using WINE emulator in Linux. Your argument there is invalid.

2. Linux is far more compatible. Hell, show me a single windows OS in the last 10 years (not windows 8, it just got around), that can use the same exact OS on everything from an ARM based phone, to an Xbox, to a core i7 desktop, and run flawlessly on all of them. You will never find a one. There are dozens of distros that have been doing just this for years.

3. Wine does not lag once properly set up. And that is running it on a Core 2 Duo T7700 and a Nvidia NVS135m, far from the fastest, even in its hayday.

4. Linux and Unix are not the same thing. Your stupid for even saying that. You can not be in denial for using a competitors OS. Unix was around first and was a inspiration of linux. If to you that makes linux a Unix, then hell all Chevys are FORDs by the same argument.

Its not invalid WINE is software emulation which dramatically reduces performance. That's not the same as running it natively. Emulators will always lag behind the real thing.

WINE sucks : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9VSZRg2RHE

I know its not the same thing I never said it was, you are an idiot for saying that. They are extremely similar and share many of the same set backs.

Again its not compatible with a vast array of Windows only software, you are simply too thick to accept this. I'm not talking about other platform and architecture compatibility, I don't care about that as I only use an Intel desktop. Really how dumb are you to think you aren't giving up anything by switching to Linux? Its a well known fact that Linux is really lacking driver support and also doesn't have the same hardware compatibility as Windows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.