Is GeForce 8400GS a good card?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
No, it won't play any of today's game at any decent settings. It's more of a basic card made for people who just don't want integrated graphics.

Mail in rebate is basically you first buy the item at full price. Then you send in the proof and purchase and some other stuff to the address they give you and they give you money back. However, there's always a deadline to the rebate and if you mess up on one thing you won't get the money.

Zangetsu

Noo, the extra memory on the 512mb card will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING performance wise. The card just isn't powerful enough to utilize the extra memory. The 256mb version is more than enough for that card.

It's better then the 8400GS :) Much better.

Zangetsu

Nightrain

They Evga 7600 is a nice card for the price, and being an Evga it should apply to their step up program. Meaning you can "trade" it in for a newer better card within 90 days and simply pay the difference. :)

thetux

banned
But which card is better 7600gs or 8500GT?

which is more worth for my money =)

8500GT is basically a 8400GS except for the 8400GS is 64bit and the 8500GT runs at 128bit with twice the memory bandwidth. Anyways, as far as your question goes, I think the 8400GS are great for the price, if you dont intend to mess with applications or games that require the ultimate in performance. 7600GS is also a decent card for the price, I think for $20-$40 more the 7600GS is a better card for the $.

Maybe its just me :cool:

Zangetsu

I'll prefer the 7600GS above the 8500GT. Or maybe not? Actually... good question, which one is better?

Zangetsu