is it bad to leave the side panel off of your computer case

Vav00m

4W4K3 said:
i blow mine out with a leaf blower once every 3 months.
THAT IS PURE GENIUS!!!!

My computer has windows and fans galore, but months drag on and my dust bunnies are building armies.. A leaf blower, who woulda thought..

robina_80

yeah bad idea laeving side panel open my case had louds of dirt in it i couldnt believe how much crap it had i was amazed

Osyris

Be careful with compressed air though. If you don't follow the directions on the can (yes there should be directions) it could shoot liquid onto what ever it is that you are trying to clean, and liquid + computer = BAD NEWS (yes, I am speaking from experiance.....)

4W4K3

VIP Member
i thik if you hold it upside down or too close to what you are spraying then moisture will form and shoot liquid.

Holiday

it could shoot liquid onto what ever it is that you are trying to clean

Note: this liquid is very cold! it can give you a very small case of frostbite if you squirt it on your skin.

there is a very cool trick you can do with this liquid though, hold the can upside-down and squirt the liquid on some paper, the paper will become transparent just like when you get paper wet with water, but with water it will take for ever to dry and when it eventually does dry the paper will have water damage, not good, but with the duster\dust-off it will dry in a few seconds and unlike water it will not leave any evidence of ever being wet, great for looking in unopened envelopes ;)

Last edited:

Verve

I just used my tube-vac and blew all the dust out of my computer with it on reverse. BAD idea to do it INSIDE THE HOUSE *cough, cough*

P

pcguy2006

On a similar note!

On the overheating note - do you guys think that the systems here are going to run too hot? Anyone have any experience with these things?

www.multilinkcomputers.com

I am thinking to possibly buy the MX-57 or the MX-48 today so your responses would be appreciated

ckfordy

banned
pcguy2006 said:
On the overheating note - do you guys think that the systems here are going to run too hot? Anyone have any experience with these things?

www.multilinkcomputers.com

I am thinking to possibly buy the MX-57 or the MX-48 today so your responses would be appreciated

those systems wont run to hot if you have enough cooling in them and they are small and compact so heat should not be a problem