is it good?

kalson

is it good to haf 2 antivirus installed on 1 pc?

cuz i have nod32 and kaspersky anti-virus pro installed on my pc, would it b ok? or would it cause some lost of resource and slowdown of pc? :confused:

im not that sure which one is better.... im using AVG Free and it already saved my computer like 20 times, lol, its pretty good, and they give out free updates;)

Last edited:

kalson

eh , after readin couple of threads, i see dat byteman *sp mayb wrong :eek:* said dat kaspersky is one of the best ones, and then he suggested nod32, im not really sure if i should have both.. and i mite go to panda too.. not sure more suggestons plz :confused:

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Kaspersky and Nod32 are the best AV's around, however having both running at the same time can cause problems. Choose one to keep for real-time protection, you can custom install the other just as an on-demand scanner.

sidthereal

Buzz1927 said:
Kaspersky and Nod32 are the best AV's around, however having both running at the same time can cause problems. Choose one to keep for real-time protection, you can custom install the other just as an on-demand scanner.

thats what i do, i use AVG as a real time scanner, while using kaspersky as an on demand scanner,
to save resources, i simply uninstall kaspersky after using it, and reinstall it, whenever requrired.

Malic

Then thats suitable in my opinion, you may find having two AVs [such as KAV and NAV] running at the same time will heavily slow down your computer and its a PAIN.

My favourite AV is probably KAV.

kalson

kk thx a lot guys i jus im goin to try with kaspersky since i read some reviews bout it, more ppl favor KAV over NOD32, thx a lot

sidthereal

but do remember to scan ur computer from time to time, with another anti virus as well, not all anti virus companies have a real up to date virus database, sometimes, ul be surprised to find items, undetectable by your anti virus.

kalson

kk thx for da advice, and i jus found out i got a trojan -.- i scanned wit NOD32, KAV, microsoft, ad-aware hope its gone now.. still scannin, cuz da trojan is freezin up my downloads :eek:

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Ok, if you think that's it, download Ewido. Run it in safemode, let it clean anything it finds. Take a note of anything it can't fix. Boot back to normal mode and try downloading again.